VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

LHI Examiner Had Me Give Him My Healthevet Username and Password

Rate this question

ReallyAngry

Question

Just what the title says. Made me uneasy, but I felt like I couldn't say no. I changed the password once I got home, but given my history of examiners sometimes feeling like they can make stuff up or say whatever, I really don't feel comfortable that this guy now has access to everything in the VA online as if he was me, including communications, appeals, etc. I'm pretty sure all of it is linked and he can pretty much screw with anything he'd like. What can or should I do?

My LHI contractor, C&P examiner, had my complete C-File and all of my medical records I had submitted with my claim.

My wife's entire SSDI file in in my VA C-File because I claimed and got spousal A&A.  The LHI examiner comment that she had to redo some of her research of my file when she realized I was not a 5'2" female.

I do not think the LHI examiner should have a need for your password etc.  Probably no harm and may have actually helped you as they used that to get evidence that he was not getting from the VA. 

I can surmise, that a Veteran from a previous exam told them, here, I will show you and logged on and got the examiner the information he was looking for, and, like everyone, the examiner saw it as a shortcut and decided to use it to his (and the Veterans) benefit.

We can only hope,

Hamslice

• HadIt.com Elder
On 6/23/2021 at 7:50 AM, ReallyAngry said:

Just what the title says. Made me uneasy, but I felt like I couldn't say no. I changed the password once I got home, but given my history of examiners sometimes feeling like they can make stuff up or say whatever, I really don't feel comfortable that this guy now has access to everything in the VA online as if he was me, including communications, appeals, etc. I'm pretty sure all of it is linked and he can pretty much screw with anything he'd like. What can or should I do?

i DON'T THINK WERE OBLIGATE TO GIVE OUT THIS TYPE INFORMATION OUR  PERSONL MyhealthVet is our personal information for only us Veterans to see  and our VSO if you grant them permission if they need to find a medical record or any help to help you win your claim

These C&P CONTRACTORS GET THEIR INFORMATION FROM THE VA , AND ONLY USE WHAT THE VA SENDS THEM TO USE IN THEIR REPORT BACK TO THE VA.

I WOULD NEVER GIVE OUT MY   MYHEALTHVET PASS WORD TO SOMEONE   ESPECAILLY A STRANGER. AND TO ME A C&P EXAMINER IS A STRANGER.

I will chime in here.  Myhealthevet is less complete (by far) than your VBMS file, which the doc normally would have access to.  My healthevet should be limited to your medical records, prescriptions, but not things like your VARO decisions, and the like.  This is all inforation your c and p examiner has a "need to know".  

It actually makes sense to me from the examiner's perspective:  The Cfile is loaded down with VARO stuff (of no interest to the c and p examiner.)

However, the myhealthevet stuff is limited to medical stuff, so it saves reading time and he can view your medical file.

Since the doc already has access to your medical records, I dont see a problem with it.  

It is sort of like you kissing your wife.  You probably had gone further with her than that, and so a kiss is not such a big deal. 

In a similar way, your cfile is more details, much of which your doctor does not want to know, so that is also not a big deal. 

While not "usual" if it were a doc I other wise trusted, I would be okay with it.  

I just logged in to my health evet, to make sure.  This is what it has:

Resources

Its 100 percent medical.  And, it also is communications with your doctor.  This is good.  Sometimes I forget to say stuff at a medical appointment, so I email my doctor.  I told my doc I had swelling of my feet.  This is a symptom, that a c and p examiner should know.  

I say you dont worry about it.  

• HadIt.com Elder

The Contract company and examiners have access to the records. Do not give out your information to anyone. I had a c and p exam last week and we discussed the file. The examiner had it pulled up and said the file was very large, 9000 pages. He went right to what he needed to write the opinion and I watched it all take place. If they ask you for your information it is because someone is not doing their job and this needs checking in to. 

I recently had a LHI C & P exam and I took the evidence I wanted the doctor to review. When I got there, I asked why was I there and what was my exam for. This is something I always do, the examiner told me that it was for my remand that the VA wanted an updated opinion. I explained that I just got a DBQ from my treating Community Care doctor and she refused to look at it. She had two computers open, one was for the DBQ she was filling out and the other was my VAMC records. She minimized my VAMC records and went into the Community Care System and pulled up my recent DBQ from my treating doctor and got all the information she needed and continued my exam for about another twenty 20 minute and then told me that she had all she needed, and she would complete my exam and send it to the VARO. The C & P examiners should already have access to all the records they need to complete their exam and opinion.