VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

broken your hadit PM Is not letting you recieve PM's  unless you have it turned off?

Anyway I wanted to ask you this.

Do you happen to know if the VA Employees are working at the R.O. NOW? OR THEY DOING CLAIMS FROM HOME/COMPUTER/EMAILS  ECT,,ECT,,,

I WAS WONDERING IF MY AUDIT REQUEST WILL GET TO THEM IF THERE WORKING FROM HOME?

Weird, I never shut it off. I did go in this AM after I saw your post and clear out my Inbox. Maybe that was it?

There are Supervisor level employees working in RO's, and some employees have volunteered to go back into the office, but right not OPM has not directed the ROs (or anyone else, for that matter) to go back into the office so those of us that want to continue to work from home are authorized to do so. I average around 12-15 claims a day worked, not sure how others are doing. This includes meetings, emails, documents and file review, building new claims almost from scratch, whatever. 

We log in through 2 tunnels before we can access anything VA, and our work computers have to be configured to 1 work site/area by IP, so, no logging in from Starbucks for me. I'm basically geofenced to work within my home network- which is fine, I have a separate router set up just for my VA computer for security reasons. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger That brokensolider244th

Thanks my friend.

To piggy back around to your actual question, yes. Your audit would be worked by the fiduciary people though, not the VSRs. They are a whole separate group but most of them are working the same as me- from home, or at least partially. We all still see everything- we are logging into all of the same things. At the RO's there is barely any paper- almost everything is electronic and paper (post it notes, personal jotting to keep track of things, etc) is collected and shredded every day, or put into a specific drawer in your desk that is locked (for those people working in the office). I just use the secure version of One Note and Windows Sticky Notes for everything.

We can't print from home at all, and unrecognized plugged in devices like thumb drives get flagged and a very stern  "email me NOW" email goes out, followed rather quickly by a phone call from our CIO (chief info officer) or one of his team, asking what we plugged into the laptop. Ask me how I know....... 

So, security wise its about as good as it can be. I/We aren't collecting anyone's information in anyway that can be accessed by someone that shouldn't short of a physical security violation (shoulder surfing, unauthorized personnel in building, etc), or an all out hack. I remove my PIV encryption card from my computer at home every time I step away from the screen, without that plugged in my laptop is pretty useless. 

1 hour ago, brokensoldier244th said:

We can't print from home at all, and unrecognized plugged in devices like thumb drives get flagged and a very stern  "email me NOW" email goes out, followed rather quickly by a phone call from our CIO (chief info officer) or one of his team, asking what we plugged into the laptop. Ask me how I know....... 

haha ooopsie

Yah- my two laptops were sitting on top of each other, 1 is black and one is a dark steel grey. I work in relatively dim light because my basement has fluorescents and it hurts my eyes. I have three monitors, but at the time I hadn't ratted out all the cables to figure out how to switch them from 1 computer to the other every morning. One morning not long after I started training I plugged in the USB dock that went to my computer and not the work dock- 2 black cables, mixed them up. My personal computer has a bunch of music equipment hooked up to it, and as soon as I put in the wrong cable all my pedals, 2 amps, and my MIDI keyboard all started trying to download drivers on my work computer, plus 2 of my pedals register as hard drives on the computer so you can drag and drop stuff....

My CIO about flipped his shit for a minute until I explained what happened. I went to Best Buy the next day and got a bright red USB cable to put between the work docking station my computer and I reconfigured my monitors. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah I can relate to the confusion/configuration. glad your boss was ok with it and you got it corrected.

I think the people that do claims audit are different from the ones that do claims , this request for my claims audit  I sent to my R.0. 

* Att: Finance Dept.