VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA 21-526EZ

Rate this question

Jayco

Question

Due to a heart attack and a pace maker since  being service connected, I would like to request a review for  a rating increase.  Because I had heart disease and diabetes at the time of original filing, some people were surprised I did not get a 100% rating instead of 70%.  Maybe the heart attack and pace maker will put me to the 100% mark. 

Also would like to file for a new condition.  I have developed hand tremors and to a certain extent upper body tremors.  Makes it difficult to function on a day to day basis especially eating. 

From what I have read you use the 21-526EZ for both the review and the new condition.  Can I do both on the same form or do they each need a separate filing?

Thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

21 hours ago, Jayco said:

Can I do both on the same form or do they each need a separate filing?

Since you are service connected and interested in filing for an increase in your rating percentage and filing a new claim then you can use the VA form 21-526EZ. Just make sure that you submit a copy of your medical records that supports your claim. If you are claim secondary issues/claim you are going to need a medical opinion that links or connects your new claim(s) to you already service-connected conditions. 

You can file them seperately or together.  It somewhat depends on if you need money or not.  If you have no need of money, file them seperately and wait a few years.  However, if you are like most people and can use the money, then file each condition ASAP.  If your claim "is received" before July 1, you can get compensation for the month of August.  Your compensation begins the first day of the month following your effective date.  

Always file for them together, plus any new symptoms you may be having related to you military service.

The reason I say this, is because, they in fact may deny one of your claims, but then link it to your other claim and end up winning one, but for a higher rating.

It just happened to me.  Filed for 6, one approved, two lumped together, and three denied, however, one of the denied was then linked to the two already lumped together and I got a higher rating than the 3 would have been rated separately.  And they added two rated conditions I did not specifically claim, but showed up during the exams and was in my medical records.  

You never really know,  especially if you don't send in a claim,

Hamslice

If your heal hurts, don't claim a bone spur, tell them you heal hurts.  

Don't tie the raters hands, leave him enough rope to hang himself, i.e. do his job.

Edited by Hamslice
cause I can