VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service connection denied…unsure why.

Rate this topic

BionicVet

BionicVet, your first step is getting in touch with a Service Officer if you still have not yet met with one.  If you do not feel comfortable with the first you meet with, go to another organization.  The main ones I know of with good track records are the DAV and American Legion.  I used the American Legion after my own manual claim submission for PTSD was denied. I had only been home for seven months at that point, after coming home from combat in Al Anbar province in 2004-2005.  The denial for PTSD as a shock to say the least.

Like many others, I have been down many of the VA rabbit holes and doing it on your own is a painful and very frustrating path.  The Service Officers work on your behalf and mine was awesome...not much personality, but he sure knew the process!  Through a number of appeals, I eventually got PTSD and my migraines covered by the VA, so it is very possible and highly likely...if you get help through the process with a VSO.

Folks on forums like these can be helpful, but ultimately you have to take action and file the appropriate paperwork.  If you forget a form or fail to include an ailment in your filing, it is all on you to know what you need to do to recover the process.  That is where the VSOs are worth their weight in gold.  Just as lawyers have to communicate with the judge in a specific language few of us know, the VSO knows how to do the same with the VA. 

• 2 weeks later...

38 CFR § 4.22 - Rating of disabilities aggravated by active service. 

prev |  next
§ 4.22 Rating of disabilities aggravated by active service.

In cases involving aggravation by active service, the rating will reflect only the degree of disability over and above the degree existing at the time of entrance into the active service, whether the particular condition was noted at the time of entrance into the active service, or it is determined upon the evidence of record to have existed at that time. It is necessary therefore, in all cases of this character to deduct from the present degree of disability the degree, if ascertainable, of the disability existing at the time of entrance into active service, in terms of the rating schedule, except that if the disability is total (100 percent) no deduction will be made. The resulting difference will be recorded on the rating sheet. If the degree of disability at the time of entrance into the service is not ascertainable in terms of the schedule, no deduction will be made.

• 3 weeks later...

BionicVet, I want to share some information.

Opioids are known to raise blood pressure.

You may want to consider a HBP claim secondary to neuropathy (pain medicine usage).

I'm sorry to post late, but this fact jumped out at me.

NEVER GIVE UP.........