VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Buck's wife in Hospital ICU

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Buck, wishing the best for you and your wife.  Are prayers are with you, and that your wife has a speedy recovery!      Jimmer

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Everyone  you guys are Awesome.

My wife name is Brenda Gail  a country girl.

She has to have gallbladder surgery due to her gallbladder has ruptured , she is in to MUCH  with pain for them to just do surgery on her gallbladder  and due to her heart attact although they said it was a light one  the pain she had from her back surgery/Neck radiated to the front of her chest,  they did a heart catheter and look inside around her heart and   seen the by pass she had one artery fully blocked  but the cardiologist said he can give her medicine for that  the other two arteries that were by passed in 2005 look good and still holding  up good,

The problem is that we have to make a decision  A MAJOR decision...my spouse needs to gain her strength back and get her pain back under control at least tolerate it.

like it is now she is in chronic pain 24X7   and due to she already had the by TRIPLE HEART BY pass  the surgeon that will do the surgery to remove her ruptured gallbladder  mention  she could have  a Major Heart Attack and it most likely will be fatal...

so we need to make this decision tomorrow 7/8/21 ...if we say take her gall bladder out  then they will scheduled the date. but there going to try one more thing that will give her 6 weeks...to make the decision to take out her gall bladder.

They put a tube into her side right side and it has a hollow  hollow needle  and a pump on the outside by her side  it sucks up the infection in he gall bladder.

she had this in  tube in now 2 days  and its not working to good or as good as it needs to, be she still in a lot of pain due to the gallbladder swollen ..there going to place another tube on her other side and make it reach at a different angle  and hopefully will suck out the rest of the vile/infection...

if this works she can be on these tubes 6 weeks  and  by then her body should be calm down enough to have her gallbladder removed  and we have to worry rather or not she will have a Major Heart Attact...it will be in Gods Hands on this  gallbladder surgery.

They told us to prepare for the worst  my 2 sons are beside themselves   and totally worried..as well as I.

Thank you all for the well wishes and most importantly thank you all for the prayers .

God Hears these prayers for my wife..and all I can do is Pray and  place this in Gods hands. 

We just celebrated (kinda ) our 48th wedding Anniversary back in April.

I can say we never fought but we have shouted at each other but neither one of us has so much raised a finger at one another  actually my wife has kept this marriage together all these years not that I am mean or abusive but she did almost everything in this family from working having my children taking them to the baby sitter  while we worked and  doing laundry putting the good meals on the table and never once complained she just run the house hold  , I had a easy life with her...she is my best friend and she will always be no matter this out come of this.

she knew me well

Everyone that met her loved her, she has a great out going personality and loved to cut up with people  and laughter is the best medicine to help a sad person she use to say.

She never met a stranger..she is the one that got up at bingo to get us a Hamburger  SHE WAS THE ONE THAT STOOD INLINE TO GET OUR BINGO CARDS she is the one that always has did things without gripping, maybe I should have did more than i did all these years.

she was not shy like me..and she never once complained  even when she never felt bad she kept on going  all these 48 years.,never once complained or Nag.nerver was jealous ...like I was with her when we first got married  I was 21 she was 18 just out of high school.

she waited on me until I got back from Nam and out of the military.

I love her more than anything.

Sorry for the long post  just somewhat upset confused and feel so unrest.

Again Thank you all for the well wishes and your prayers  they mean a lot to the both of us.

Buck

Edited by Buck52