VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Are C&P exams being delayed because of the pandemic?

Rate this question

kent101

Question

I was due for the 5 year check up C&P exam late last year and never got anything in the mail for it. They don't forget do they? Are the C&P exams backlogged due to the pandemic? It's not hurting my benefits but I'm wondering when they're going to call me back in.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Kent101 I don't know what your disabilities are but if you are rated at 90% and at least one of them isn't "static" and you haven't been called to get another re-look, don't rock the boat.  It is possible that the decided to change the status from routine future exam to make it static and of course they wouldn't tell the veteran about that. If your symptoms have not improved and you have continued treatment for them, you're good. After 5 years the VA is supposed to let it ride UNLESS you submit another claim or something like that. So IMHO what I would do is nothing; don't ask even. If you get the call later, I'd call the RO as ask why you are now getting an exam after 5+ years of no change. Otherwise, I see no advantage to you to even ask (and alert them.)

6 hours ago, kent101 said:

I was due for the 5 year check up C&P exam late last year and never got anything in the mail for it. They don't forget do they? Are the C&P exams backlogged due to the pandemic? It's not hurting my benefits but I'm wondering when they're going to call me back in.

At this present time Yes, C & P exams are backlogged and delayed. The VAMCs has not been doing C & P exams for quite a while and Contracted C & P exams are taking even longer.  In 2019 I got a C & P exam within (30) days but in 2021 it took the LHI C & P examiners at least (60) days to do my exams and this was after multiple rescheduling appointments. If you think about it, it actually helps your benefits if your symptoms are continuing because as GBARMY stated it could lead the VA to determine that your rating is static and or even P & T (Permanent and Total).    

9 hours ago, GBArmy said:

Kent101 I don't know what your disabilities are but if you are rated at 90% and at least one of them isn't "static" and you haven't been called to get another re-look, don't rock the boat.  It is possible that the decided to change the status from routine future exam to make it static and of course they wouldn't tell the veteran about that. If your symptoms have not improved and you have continued treatment for them, you're good. After 5 years the VA is supposed to let it ride UNLESS you submit another claim or something like that. So IMHO what I would do is nothing; don't ask even. If you get the call later, I'd call the RO as ask why you are now getting an exam after 5+ years of no change. Otherwise, I see no advantage to you to even ask (and alert them.)

I've had a few disabilities that are over 10 years now and few that are just over 5 years. Thanks.

9 hours ago, pacmanx1 said:

At this present time Yes, C & P exams are backlogged and delayed. The VAMCs has not been doing C & P exams for quite a while and Contracted C & P exams are taking even longer.  In 2019 I got a C & P exam within (30) days but in 2021 it took the LHI C & P examiners at least (60) days to do my exams and this was after multiple rescheduling appointments. If you think about it, it actually helps your benefits if your symptoms are continuing because as GBARMY stated it could lead the VA to determine that your rating is static and or even P & T (Permanent and Total).    

I think they put me on static because I've had a few disabilities over 10 years and few that are just over 5 years. Thanks.

The fact is federal workers aren't back at work full time.

And many business are just rounding into a pre-COVID schedule.

Hopefully when the federal government orders workers back, the BVA and other agencies can be full tilt ahead.

I'm hopeful outsourced C&P examiners will also become more readily available to do exams. 

The wait is real.

I would offer two year contractor positions to help with processing, organizing, and forwarding VA notices to claimants.

I would attempt to free up regional office personnel simply to judge medical evidence.

Raters then would only apply the appropriate rating based on office personnel medical findings.

Kinda like a well oiled assembly line.

Claims move quickly from paperwork being organized and ready for evaluation.  Regional office personnel can evaluate only evidence and raters apply rating based on evidence.

Edited by Fat

19 minutes ago, kent101 said:

I think they put me on static because I've had a few disabilities over 10 years and few that are just over 5 years. Thanks.

When you use the word static, it refers more to a VAMC medical opinion and not a rating decision. A disability can be labeled static but not P & T.  When you use the words P & T, it refers more to a VARO rating decision that determined that your disability will most likely last for the rest of your life.