VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

70 Percent TDIU Permanent

Rate this question

mayertucker

Question

Hello,

I am currently 70% TDIU (since February of 2016).  Apparently the VA changed me to a Permanent status (am eligible for CH. 35, ChampVA, and dental through the VA), I was never sent anything saying Permanent and Total or eligible for Ch 35 etc.  I found out last month when I went to get plates for my new vehicle and they contacted the county veteran's office who told them I was permanent (saying nothing but total).  I talked to the county veterans office and they had me fill out an app for Champ VA because they saw in the VA's systems that no further exams are required and they wern't sure if it was P&T or just permanent.  Ebenefits letter says not permanent and totally disable.  Today I received a letter from the VA with my benefits and ratings and where it would say about being Permanent and Totally Disabled it says "Are you considered to be permamentally disabled due to your service connected disabilities:  Yes at 70%.

So I have established ChampVA/CH 35, dental etc eligibility.

But does that mean I am P&T?  DO I qualify for ID card, space A travel etc? 

If not P&T from my understanding the VA doesn't have just a permanent its either P&T or not, and also wouldn't be eligible for ChampVA, dental, or ch 35. 

Any help is appreciated.

Semper FI

50 minutes ago, Smokie said:

I’m new on this site and also 70% since last month but I thought you had tobe 100% for those benefits you mentioned....

Why I am confused since I am only 70% with TDIU and now apparently permanent.  But according to the VA I am eligible for those benefits. 

1 hour ago, shrekthetank1 said:

Go to Ebenefits and check you letters.  if it is update it will show if you are P&T.  It sounds like you are but it is good to check.

You should be able to get all of those benefits.  

I tried to make it clear that the ebenefits letter shows am not permanently and totally disabled.  Since apparently I was made permanent in December of last year according to the VA I would think that that would update. 

Then I get the letter today saying "Are you considered to be permamentally disabled due to your service connected disabilities:  Yes at 70%." .  29563349_permanentpg1.thumb.jpg.fa2e6611377bd3eaedb68550dac93089.jpg

permanent pg 2.jpg

eben ltr.jpg

Edited by mayertucker