VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

NARA Backlog

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I saw a very elderly disabled woman on Fox News this AM and they cannot find proof of her husband's military service-and the interviewer said VARA is about half a million behind in the records backlog-I could not believe it was that bad but it sure is.

https://www.rollcall.com/2021/04/20/veterans-hit-by-huge-pandemic-related-records-backlog/

The interviewer said even if they find his records , a survivors VA benefits claim could take 3 years.

What is wrong with NARA these days????????

Proof of service is a critical initial aspect of the claims process- hopefully the young men and women these days in the Mil, get their records before they leave the Military.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

500,000 is a huge number.

Throw bodies and money at the problem until the issue is resolved.

Offer short contracts with the federal government, three years, with medical and pension benefits.

Decent pay for a good days work.

I hope it doesn't get worse-

I am having two separate projects done on my home and the weather made that impossible for weeks-only one got partially done-

so I went to the closest food mart today and stopped by at the closest dollar store as well

(here in the rural areas of NY we are expected to provide lunch  for construction workers, unless they prefer to bring their lunch so I needed to stock up myself to handle that.

The local deli 10 miles away closed due to the COVID and there is no place to get food around here else one travels many miles.

I hope we dont go into another national Stay at Home situation because the effect of that has been tremendous on the VA as well as on everyone else. But this is NY state and we were hit hard by COVID so what ever the Governor decides -we must abide by.

Only 42% of our county has even been vaccinated.

and it looked- in both places that people were definitely storing up- I guess .

many here in NY expect another Stay at home mandate.