VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Partially Won My Claim for Increase

Rate this topic

Sgt. Wilky

I logged in to Vets.gov and saw that my claims for increase was partially granted. I don't have the details as of yet, but I was sitting at 80% for quite a while and I saw that I was I was granted an increase to 70% for PTSD as well as several other contentions went from 10% to 20%. Of course, the good people here at Hadit.com have been tremendous allies in my fight and I thank you all for your encouragement and help, especially to @brokensoldier244th and many others. I was not optimistic in my C&P exams, but I was honest and I held back a lot of things, but the examiner obviously documented well and the rater(s) for that particular piece of the puzzle did me justice and for that I am thankful.

The fight isn't over. I am beginning my claims for Rheumatoid Arthritis will hopefully win that claim but we will see.

Semper Fi,

Sgt. Wilky

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats to you, Sgt. Wilky. Not easy on the veteran, working on  MH claims and increases, but you did well. Hopefully, you are close to the magic 95 combined and can get to that 100% P&T with a win on RA. Use the calculator and see what you need to get there.Be sure to review the symptoms that causes you RA and see if you have any potential secondaries as possibilities also. Nice going!

Congratulations!   While I would not be "drinking champagne based on what VA.gov says", still, it is likely you have been awarded additional benefits "especially if your increase shows up in the "letters" section of ebenefits/va.gov " .  

I will take good news from whatever source it comes from.  

That sounds great, Wilky! Take it when you can get it. Unless your C&Ps were done by a contractor you should be able to see them in MyHealthVet, too, it sometimes takes them a few days to show up but if you are already rated then they should be there. 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use