VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Contractor C&P exams set-up reporting

Rate this question

rickt761

Question

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Veterans are going to have to file a request for records from the VARO. I had to wait about two months before I got my exam results. I had to file a FOIA, and the VA logged it in as a claim even though it was not a claim. I finally drove to my local VA office to get my copies.  Hopefully, the VA will begin to open to the public where it will be a lot easier. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Pacmanx1 is correct. You file a FOIA request and they track it just like any other "claim." I've done a couple and they took 2-3 months. Nothing complicated. It's just another bump in the road. The good part about that is though is since it is being tracked on line, the VA acknowledges your info is being "worked."

Man the system has change seen my last go around with va in 2001.

Now we wait month to get the exam they try to offer crazy distance to travel.

Then u have to wait 2 month to get a copy and have foia.

Can u still go to regional office to get a copy of your exam?

Got a comp exam coming and I really not feeling it.

The va has a new mailing system to Mail letters it take 10 14 days to get a letter now.

I get letter from cavc in DC 3 days

The bva closed the 1800 number got send iris now.

Man I can't wait to be done with all this again.

Doesn't seem like any of these change are helping look like more delay.

23 minutes ago, Mr cue said:

Can u still go to regional office to get a copy of your exam?

At present time, the VA is only open by appointments. Yes, veterans can make appointments to pick up their contracted C & P exams, but the VA is withholding their exams until after they make their rating decisions. If a veteran has a VAMC C & P exam, they can still be reviewed and printed from myhealthyvet.

The only good thing is that I have been 100% P & T scheduler for well over a decade, but the VA has been moving extremely slow on my appeals, some granted, some denied, and one went all the way to the CAVC. Even though one of my claim went to the CAVC, the VA still sent me to a resent contract C & P exam. I have had several contract C & P exams and it seems that they listened to my argument, reviewed my records and agreed that the claim that I filed were all supported by VAMC medical records. So, my appeals have also been granted and some still pending.