VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is there a law on how many comp exam can be ordered

Rate this question

Mr cue

Question

Well I got another remand for loss of use smc exam.

I have had two deferment I have had 5 comp exam I even had a specialize comp exam done for loss of use

Now I am remand again to be send for another exam again.

How many exam can the va give for the same issue are there any laws against this

well I am not sure but I had 2 exam that have a nexus and then after those 2 they did a "higher level exam " just reviewing my records and that one was the one they used because it had less likely than not". Its like the VA shops for Dr's. or NP that will give them the outcome they want... 

Without even looking for a law, rule, or regulation, VA will most likely schedule a veteran for a C & P exam prior to making a decision, a grant or a denial to try to prove they made an effort and cover their backside in case the veteran files an appeal.

Try this:

M21-1, Part III, Subpart iv, Chapter 3, Section B - Scheduling Examinations | M21-1

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

After getting SC, I had a claim hung up in the system for a year due to typical VA red tape. The VA sent me to a new exam to determine the current level of disability and perform a functional assessment. When I got my rating, it was staged. They gave me the level of disability at the time I was granted SC, but then increased it due to worsening severity that was recorded in the recent exam.