What is the most vet-friendly RO out there?

Is there one RO that overwhelmingly grants all claims? I do know that some ROs are better than others for certain claims. I forgot where I read it but I thought I saw that the Los Angeles RO was the best RO for MST claims and that the Providence RO was the best for tinnitus. Does anyone have a list of these?

• Admin

Maybe back in the day. There are some Regional offices that are focused on certain claims but the majority of claims are processed electronically with the raters via Computer. The claims folders mainly are stuck in Janesville WI with the work being done by whoever it gets assigned to nationwide. 

• Like 1

• Ads

• Ads

• Similar Content

• By Confusedvet1
      Pretty stocked and can't wait to get this info and share it.
      I recently submitted an iris claim asking about the 10 day policy of waiting after letter is sent with a decision and why they can't make it available online immediately and rationale for their policies etc.

I've spoken to 2 people so far at the Peggy line and both have said that they are jealous (one actually is asking to have the info sent to their management team) of the information being put together for me and that they hope I like to read. One told me I better share this info with other veterans as well so my hopes are high for some really great information to share.
      Hopefully more to come by end of next week at latest.
    • By Navy4life
      I am beyond frustrated right now!!!!  My claim is now preparation for decision and my fear is that it will be denied and I will have to appeal.  I filed for my non-service connected Fibro as caused or aggravated by the service connected IBS and/or service connected PTSD on an as likely as not basis.  See my screen shot attached of my original claim in July 2018.  I had my first C&P exam in September 2018 and it was negative based on the examiner stated there was no causation of my s/c PTSD to my Fibro.  See the screen shot below. I will note that he did a separate C&P exam for Fibro and agreed I had Fibro. Never looked at aggravation and never looked at the possibility of IBS.  I sent a statement in support of claim pointing this out to the rater.  I get another C&P exam in December 2018 BUT by now I have THREE positive medical opinions from BOTH my RA and MH doctor.  Both state my Fibro is aggravated by my PTSD and my MH doctor also states my Fibro is aggravated by my IBS.  SEE ATTACHED 2 of the 3 letters. 
      When I went to the second C&P exam, it was with the same doctor and he refused to look at the medical opinions.  He also once again did not look at aggravation.  Again a negative C&P exam. 
      Then the rater asked for clarification/review of conflicting medical opinions.  Here is what the rater asked, Per III.iv.3.D.3.a. and III.iv.3.D.3.d. We need clarification/review and reconciliation of conflicting evidence for claim for fibromyalgia secondary to SC PTSD. Negative MO received on 09/28/2018 (TAB A) stated that fibromyalgia was not secondary to PTSD. Received positive MO on 12/05/2018 (TAB B) relating fibromyalgia as secondary to SC PTSD and IBS. Negative MO received on 12/05/2018 (TAB D) stated that fibromyalgia was not secondary to IBS. Examination dated 12/05/2018 (TAB C) shows a diagnosis for fibromyalgia. Per reference please request clarification of conflicting MO for fibromyalgia as secondary to PTSD and IBS with rationale. 
      This medical opinion was done last week w/o me present and once again the medical opinion was negative and doesn't address anything the rater asked.  In fact, his statement is laughable.  While he states he reviewed conflicting medical evidence, he sites PT notes and doesn't refute the positive medical opinions.
      Here is what it says: I HAVE REVIEWED THE CONFLICTING MEDICAL EVIDENCE AND AM PROVIDING THE FOLLOWING OPINION:
      All medical records were reviewed. Physical therapy note on 8/15/2018 by XXXXX documents diagnosis of fibromyalgia and PTSD. The exact cause of fibromyalgia is
      unknown but has associations with IBS, temporomandibular joint disorder, interstitial cystitis, vulvodynia, and tension headaches. Literature review reveals fibromyalgia along with
      its associated pain syndromes are clearly different and separable from depression and anxiety. The claimant's fibromyalgia is not secondary to the claimant's claimed PTSD
      condition.
      The VA continues to miss the fact that I asked in my original claim either causation or aggravation.  So on Monday, when I went to PFD, I sent the attached statement and uploaded in Ebenefits pointing out once again they are not looking at aggravation.
      My rep said if it comes back denied, which I am sure it will, we will file an NOD pointing out the fact that they are missing aggravation.

MH positive opinion.pdf
      RA positive medical opinion.pdf
    • By tylerb333
      Denial...really?
      The veteran's use of opiates, cannabis, and alcohol began prior to service, thus current/recent use/abuse is not caused by an in-service related event. Given
      the veteran's consistent diagnosis and treatment of PTSD, and the frequency of relapse of substance use, it is as least as likely as not that his substance use
      (to include opioid use disorder) is aggravated beyond its natural progression by his PTSD symptoms.

Per 3/15/2017 initial PTSD exam the veteran was diagnosed with PTSD, alcohol use disorder, cannabis use disorder, and opioid use disorder, all of
      which were in early remission. The 3/15/2017 medical opinion, the examiner opined that the veteran's opioid use disorder, and substance use in general,
      was made worse by his MST. The 6/20/2017 review PTSD examination indicates that symptoms present at that time were due to PTSD and not
      substance use as he had been abstinent from drug use with the exception of his opioid maintenance therapy. The veteran is service connected for the
      combination of PTSD and substance use disorders however per 11/20/2017 medical opinion regarding unemployability, the examiner noted that the
      veteran was service-connected only for PTSD and not substance use which is incorrect. Per rating decisions 3/27/2017 and 10/11/2017, the veteran was
      service connected for "PTSD with secondary alcohol use disorder, cannabis use disorder, and opioid use disorder." They are separate disorders, and not
      all symptoms are present all of the time. The examiner commented specifically on the veteran's PTSD symptoms and separated the veteran's substance
      abuse disorder symptoms. The veteran's substance use predated his military service, thus it was not caused by his reported assault. It was, however,
      likely aggravated by the residuals of his assault as described in treatment notes which indicate that with worsening PTSD symptoms, the veteran has
      reported relapsing on substances, particularly heroin.
    • By AwareNavyVet
      I filed my NOD four years ago, next month. Still waiting for a decision from the DRO.
      I am wondering how long other Veterans here, have been waiting for an answer on their RO Appeal.

• By Jamezam
      I submitted a CUE in July 2016 and checked on the status of CUE claim November 2016. My C-file has a Report of General Information form in it, with the note below.
      It seems like my CUE is just sitting in limbo and they stupid thing is, they state right in their notes that "CUE needs rating separate from appeal…" My CUE is not listed in eBenefits or on Vets.gov. What can I do to ensure CUE claim is being worked on? Thanks...

• Ads

• Our picks

• I already get compensation for bladder cancer for Camp Lejeune Water issue, now that it is added to Agent Orange does it mean that the VA should pay me the difference between Camp Lejeune and 1992 when I retired from the Marine Corps or do I have to re-apply for it for Agent Orange, or will the VA look at at current cases already receiving bladder cancer compensation. I’m considered 100% Disabled Permanently 
      • 20 replies
    • 5,10, 20 Rule
      The 5, 10, 20 year rules...

Five Year Rule) If you have had the same rating for five or more years, the VA cannot reduce your rating unless your condition has improved on a sustained basis. All the medical evidence, not just the reexamination report, must support the conclusion that your improvement is more than temporary.

Ten Year Rule) The 10 year rule is after 10 years, the service connection is protected from being dropped.

Twenty Year Rule) If your disability has been continuously rated at or above a certain rating level for 20 or more years, the VA cannot reduce your rating unless it finds the rating was based on fraud. This is a very high standard and it's unlikely the rating would get reduced.

If you are 100% for 20 years (Either 100% schedular or 100% TDIU - Total Disability based on Individual Unemployability or IU), you are automatically Permanent & Total (P&T). And, that after 20 years the total disability (100% or IU) is protected from reduction for the remainder of the person's life. "M-21-1-IX.ii.2.1.j. When a P&T Disability Exists"

At 55, P&T (Permanent & Total) or a few other reasons the VBA will not initiate a review. Here is the graphic below for that. However if the Veteran files a new compensation claim or files for an increase, then it is YOU that initiated to possible review.

NOTE: Until a percentage is in place for 10 years, the service connection can be removed. After that, the service connection is protected.

------

Example for 2020 using the same disability rating

1998 - Initially Service Connected @ 10%

RESULT: Service Connection Protected in 2008

RESULT: 10% Protected from reduction in 2018 (20 years)

2020 - Service Connection Increased @ 30%

RESULT: 30% is Protected from reduction in 2040 (20 years)
        • Thanks
      • 58 replies
    • Post in New BVA Grants
      While the BVA has some discretion here, often they "chop up claims".  For example, BVA will order SERVICE CONNECTION, and leave it up to the VARO the disability percent and effective date.  

I hate that its that way.  The board should "render a decision", to include service connection, disability percentage AND effective date, so we dont have to appeal "each" of those issues over then next 15 years on a hamster wheel.  
    • Finally heard back that I received my 100% Overall rating and a 100% PTSD rating Following my long appeal process!

My question is this, given the fact that my appeal was on the advanced docket and is an “Expedited” appeal, what happens now and how long(ish) is the process from here on out with retro and so forth? I’ve read a million things but nothing with an expedited appeal status.

Anyone deal with this situation before? My jump is from 50 to 100 over the course of 2 years if that helps some. I only am asking because as happy as I am, I would be much happier to pay some of these bills off!
      • 18 replies
    • I told reviewer that I had a bad C&P, and that all I wanted was a fair shake, and she even said, that was what she was all ready viewed for herself. The first C&P don't even  reflect my Treatment in the VA PTSD clinic. In my new C&P I was only asked about symptoms, seeing shit, rituals, nightmares, paying bills and about childhood, but didn't ask about details of it. Just about twenty question, and  nothing about stressor,
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Fund HadIt.com

406%
    $6,103.00 of $1,500.00 Donate Now
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines