VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denial Letter missing? Where can I get a copy? I have a Premium online VA account but cant find it...

Rate this question

Wico1337

Question

I did not see my most recent decision denial letter in the mail. Anyone know where I can get ALL of my past denial letters and their reasonings for denying me? Also, is there a way to see all of my service connections and their wording on why they were able to service connect me? 

One reason I also want to know the reasons I am service connected to things is because I was recently approved for Hypertension. They denied me Sleep apnea in the past because of my weight. But I believe in this recent decision, I leveraged the fact that I gained weight due to my mental health service connection. And I was able to use that as a nexus for hypertension. I am now wanting to point toward that service connection approval and use it as an "It was recognized in my Hypertension claim that I gained weight from Anxiety/depression service connection. I am wanting to transfer that recognition to my reasoning for my service connection to sleep apnea. Since the VA had prior listed the reason that I have sleep apnea is due to my weight."

Anyone know where I can get past approval and denial letters with details of connections?

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Wico You could call "Peggy" at 800-827-1000 and ask for a copy. You should be able to get it after 10 business days. But what I think you really need to do is get a copy of your C-file, which will have a lot more info regarding your medical records and claims. Submit a FOIA request (20-10206) and sit back and wait. I also suggest that you submit an intent to file (21-0996)to try to establish as early as possible an effective date for your new claim. You have a year after submitting the intent to keep the date.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

If you have a POA with an accredited VSO, contact them. They should be able to look in the system and get you a copy.