VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pulmonary consult remains unassigned to a VA Doctor.

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, pwrslm said:

I think communication with CC is about the biggest pain in my tush...

You have to keep calling until you get through. They will give you the run about, but in the end, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

that's entirely true and even more so from when I used them for opthamology. It, did work out. also I went from a VA Tallasshee Outpatient ER sent to a civilian Hospital ER. Arranged and called by the VA ER. When the bill came due the VA wasn't at home. I guess that worked out because the bill collectors stopped calling and I was no longer required playing go between for the Civilian Hospital and the VA.

That pretty much covers this ball of malformed bureaucracy.

Thank you all.

If your locals will not get you taken care of, maybe take a drive to a VAMC emergency room. Any blood coming out of any orofice in your body is a bad thing. Lots of cancers tend to show that way, as well as other serious issues. Drop in, no appointment needed 🙂

I agree with Pwrslm.  Go to the ER, tell em you are dripping blood and need treatment "NOW", not 3 months from now when you "bleed to death".  

If I did not get a satisfactory response from the ER, then I would walk right into the Administrator (hospital boss) office, and ask him to explain why you can not get community care when VA can not offer it timely, and you dont have 3 months to wait and bleed to death.  

Sometimes you have to "rattle their cage" and be a bit dramatic.  

2 hours ago, broncovet said:

I agree with Pwrslm.  Go to the ER, tell em you are dripping blood and need treatment "NOW", not 3 months from now when you "bleed to death".  

If I did not get a satisfactory response from the ER, then I would walk right into the Administrator (hospital boss) office, and ask him to explain why you can not get community care when VA can not offer it timely, and you dont have 3 months to wait and bleed to death.  

Sometimes you have to "rattle their cage" and be a bit dramatic.  

Believe me when I say I hear you and agree. That is between bureaucracy users/victims... I/you/we are so frequently required to act like 7 year olds throwing tantrums to get any anything approaching reasonable service. That is however the system. I would be more moved to push for an earlier appoint but with my brother's recent medical experience, i.e. G.I. bleed unkoen source at the end of the first round they concluded the they have no idea of the source so let's begin with upper, lower middle endoscopes withe the pill camera  again and track his hemogloblin bloodwork and top it off as necessary. my personal experience hasn't been better. I honestly can't recall when if ever I went in a came out cured. 

So my last msg to primary care Nurse was forwarded to the demigods in Gainesville Pulmonolgy expressing the efficacy of waiting 3 months. So they're going to cancel dinner appointments etc. and get me right in there. so even if/when i get in a chair cross from one of these guys it would be a first that I walked away cured. mainly i heart things like if you had just come in a week earlier, refering to another family member after which they died, after draining the system dor 60,000 bucks to keep us all in absolute miusery.

Actually thinking patient advocate but the I think why bother? But for rattling the cage there are very limited access point to rattle said cage.

41 minutes ago, cannoncocker said:

"That is however the system"

I have learned over the last 6 years that we are our own best advocate. What would be considered malpractice in your case? Does anyone have a basis to suspect a benign condition that makes this bleeding a non-issue? Do they know that this is "not" cancer in your GI?

2 hours ago, pwrslm said:

I have learned over the last 6 years that we are our own best advocate. What would be considered malpractice in your case? Does anyone have a basis to suspect a benign condition that makes this bleeding a non-issue? Do they know that this is "not" cancer in your GI?

You hit some really important issues. There are patient advocates and advocate groups both vary widely from person to person and group to group. As you say though if you/I don't motivate either/both well they are hardly going to thumb through your records and say that wis wrong for sure. So yes one way or another it's on us to fix any problems. unfortunately some people by misfortune and no fault of their own are less adept at confrinting monolithic  bureaucracies {read VA).

Throw in when you are weakened by illness you're less able and inclined to mount a full on battle. Do they know it's not Cancer? Not unless they are psychic. What they have is a CT scan and the blood work/urinaysis specifically for this isuues. From the results they determined it needed to be referred to pulmonary.

what i believe the problem is the pandemic has the pulmonary dept. overwhelmed. have my annual prescheduled lab and appointment with my primary care nurse which they have made it cleat they push the radiology recommendation for a pumonary consult. Cancer hasn't been discussed, then nothing has been discussed with me apart from the above. So yes, it is something and GI blee is poossible but less likely than pulomanary. Cancer, no clue. it is what it is and whatever happens is the answer. i would expect a biopsy, then that would require a demigod to spend some time on this which is clearly not a priority.

if all they do is push requests to a 3 month waiting list why bother with the outpatient clinic hour drive appointment.