VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Audiology C&P exam

Rate this question

Navywife55

Question

Question in regards to exam. 
right ear is at least as likely as not(50% probability or greater) 

left ear is less likely as not.

The pure tone is

24.00000 in right

16.00000 in left

speech Discrimination is 

94% right

92% left

Tininnis is at least as likely as not(50% probability or greater)

MOS was flight deck mechanic and slept under flight deck 1976-1978.

any thoughts on outcome?

Thanks in advance.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Looks like you will get 10% for tinnitus. 

Now, I am not sure how your service caused hearing loss in one ear and not the other, but, 94% on the hearing discrimination test is considered normal, so, it looks like they service connected the normal, 94% (0%), and threw out the 92%.

Hearing is a tough one to get rated for.  Most get the 10 for tinnitus, and get 0% for hearing.

That's what I got,

Hamslice

• HadIt.com Elder

Navywife55 Are you saying the examiner said service connection (s-c) is on right and not s-c on the left? Never saw that if you are reporting it correctly. I don't understand how, as the last time I looked they were located about 6" apart, so  what one side of your head had s-c, I would expect the other side also experienced the same trama. Hearing is a bilateral condition; they measure hearing on both ears and average them out. That is why someone can actually have a poor hearing on one ear but the other ear is really good and the average just comes out to well to get a rating. I know several veterans with that situation. Read or post the decision on this thread and we can evaluate. Be sure to redact any personal ID info. Tinnitus at least as likely as not means you get tinnitus as a second disability and it is rated at 10%. I don't do the math on hearing results, but Broncovet is good at it. Maybe he can give his opinion on the rest results. It may be that the average just isn't bad enough, but you still should get a 0% if it is s-c (which it should be if you worked on the flight deck.) Means you get hearing aids, etc. at no charge if rated even 0% if/when needed.

32 minutes ago, Hamslice said:

Looks like you will get 10% for tinnitus. 

Now, I am not sure how your service caused hearing loss in one ear and not the other, but, 94% on the hearing discrimination test is considered normal, so, it looks like they service connected the normal, 94% (0%), and threw out the 92%.

Hearing is a tough one to get rated for.  Most get the 10 for tinnitus, and get 0% for hearing.

That's what I got,

Hamslice

Thanks Hamslice,

I may not understand the verbiage, I’ll post the exam tomorrow.

Navywife