VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SMC Half Bumps

Rate this question

Mark777

Question

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Thank you for the reply! Unfortunately, it does not address how many half bumps you can receive unless I missed it, I’ve read through Asknods information many times and GREATLY Appreciate his contributions and unrelenting fight for veterans!

Thank you

From Asknod website that I posted:  "If you have a 50% or greater rating on an  a disease/injury [regardless of whether the individual diseases, or injuries are of different etiology] and qualify for (L) as a stand alone, then you could theoretically advance with an additional bump to (L½). There is much discussion on this “bump” business. VA raters say the M 21 forbids both bumps."

If I am reading that correctly he say that you could get one (1) half bump and no more.  Of course, I could be wrong.  Someone more knowledgeable will have to take it from here.

I had a 100% P&T the hard way, total was over 95% in reality but the round up. 
I was diagnosed w/ALS, which is a presumptive 100% which I was awarded. The dropped my 60% down to 40% from radiculopathy because the ascribed the atrophy to ALS. If you do the math, I still would have multiple bumps if they did that, but I did not, only was awarded the one bump.