VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

cervical Spine

Rate this topic

Ken Dillon

My question is this, I applied for disability of my cervical spine, I had fusion from C4 to C7. My application was denied about year last, Sept 2020.  After a month or two I received  a copy of c@p exam and found problems. I put in a notice of disagreement probably by early Nov 2020, and as of this date I have heard nothing. When I log on to VA.gov site shows nothing. Local VSO I contacted told me they have it, but no movement. I have faith the notice of disagreement will be denied( just a impression I have) and this will go to BVA. SO my question is this how long does it take to get any movement for this, I can not track it?

Thanks for your input

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Keb  If the VSO says it is at the BVA, then ask him what your docket case number is. I expect you can call 800-827-1000 and they can tell you also. Then go to the BVA site and see where the claim stands on the docket. If it is in the direct docket lane, no additional evidence or need to have an in-person hearing, then it will take on average the least time for your decision. Really hard to predict duration, but figure a year. Other lanes are much longer in most cases. If you are older, 75+, or have other hardships, you can get an advancement on the docket. See the BVA site for the criteria for advancement.

It sounds like the NOD was filed within the year NOD date.

Can you scan and attach the denial here? (Cover C file #, name, address prior to attaching it)

Did the VA question the inservice nexus ( link) to the disability ?