VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% scheduler and TDIU p&t-How to make TDIU moot

Rate this question

cali_21B

Question

Long story short-I was 90% scheduler and awarded TDIU. Many years later I received 100% scheduler p&t, and the VA kept the TDIU designator. So I am currently 100% scheduler with TDIU and permanent and total My question is, has anyone ever asked the VA to make the TDIU moot? If so, have there been any negative ramifications from the VA because you asked them to make the TDIU moot? I am aware I will loose smc s designator and I am ok with that. My concern is that I dont want to go through another round of c and p exams. I just want the TDIU to be declared moot. 

• HadIt.com Elder

If you want to work go for 100% if not then just stay with TDIU.  20 years ago I wanted to do something like start a business but having TDIU I could not do it.  Now I have 100% but I am too old and disabled to do it.  No other reason to get 100% IMO.

I would think you are opening a can of worms by do this.

First I don't no how long you been tdiu but if it's 5 10 20 year it's has protection. Why remove them.

Second I am tdiu pt since 1993 I have never been send for a exam because it pt.

Three the 100% could be intertwined with the Tdiu rating can of worms open.

I would relax

Well, SMC S, is about 360 per month.  I would not give that up "unless there is a compelling reason".  

One possible compelling reason:  You feel you can work, at least some.  

If you have tdiu you report (work income) each year AFTER the year is over.  

Therefore, my advice is:

"If you want to work, and are able, do so".  

Then, at the end of the year, report to VA your work income on the applicable form.  

"Let them" remove or "moot" Tdiu if they so choose.  

I doubt they will, but they might.  

One reason to do it this way.  If you are trying to work, and have not worked in some time, well you may not know if you are able until the year is over.  

Its one thing to work "one day" or even a week.  Its another thing to go to work each day for a year.  If you try to work, and are unable then you have not lost your SMC S.  

You report to VA your income "after" 12 months.  You dont have to tell them you went back to work, but you can..

I would wait a year, working, then report the income, as required.  Dont deceive VA, but you dont have to report to VA each time you tinkle.  

Let the VA do their job, reminding you that they dont always do it that well.  

Yes, I’m a combat veteran. I feel that TDIU had served its purpose and allowed me fix myself and deal with my injuries. I am now ready to work and would like to get the TDIU designator dropped and keep my 100% scheduler. I am just checking to see if anyone has been through this situation before. Thanks for all the helpful replies