VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just had my LHI c & p for Rhinitis. It lasted 5 minutes and they didn't do the Gulf War DBQ requested by the VA.

Rate this question

talusians

Question

I applied for compensation for Rhinitis. Service connection is presumed based on my time in Iraq in 2003, but it is also noted in my exit exam when I left service. The c & p was set up through LHI and I had the appointment today. Service Requested on the appointment confirmation says DBQ General Medical Gulf War, DBQ ENT Sinusitis, Rhinitis & Other ENT Conditions, DBQ Medical Opinion - MED: ENT Sinusitis, Rhinitis & Other ENT Conditions. The appointment was supposed to last 75 minutes. I went in at noon and was out at 12:05. I know for a 30% rating for Rhinitis, I would have to have nasal polyps. I don't know if I do. I asked the evaluator about it and she said an endoscopy would need to be done and that she didn't know if I did, but probably not. Ok. How would the evaluator answer the nasal polyp question on the DBQ? I'm assuming she would need to leave it blank. Will the VA ask for an endoscopy before rating me? If I end up only being rated 0% after being properly evaluated, that's fine, but I do plan on adding my asthma, vocal cord dysfunction and Eustachian tube dysfunction as secondary to Rhinitis once it's on my record. Has anyone had success doing this? Also, I wasn't asked anything on the Gulf War DBQ. I did call the VA and report that it wasn't done as requested because I don't want to find out later that this doc turned it in with made up answers. Has anyone had this happen before where an evaluator does not do any type of exam or ask any questions for a DBQ the VA requested?

I'm about to appeal to get back my 30% Rhinitis back. 

Even after extensive going to Drs getting ct scanned showing proof, documenting a years worth of daily rhinitis episodes, evidence of time off from work, Dr letters point blank explaining what I am dealing with and having the claim for over 5yrs, the VA decided one day they saw improvement.

Now I fall under the presumptive scenario, which although I do not have to show I had it from service over in the middle East, I still have to fight to get back my 30%.

I never had to do a Gulf War DBQ, not sure if it even matters since the VA Raters are so SUBJECTIVE. I am on the registry, but we shall see what all that does for me when I go to appeal my case.

So even when you have your ducks in a row, you can still deal with shenanigans, but I'd suggest to make your case stronger:

Go to an allergist
Get tested for Allergies
Get CT SCanned for Sinuses
Keep a yrs worth documenting episodes of rhinitus and allergy episodes
Document days you miss from work due to allergic episodes
Keep track of all medicines 

I have been doing this for years and even though the VA still reduced me saying they saw improvement, this can only strengthen my case.

12 minutes ago, VetNY12 said:

I'm about to appeal to get back my 30% Rhinitis back. 

Even after extensive going to Drs getting ct scanned showing proof, documenting a years worth of daily rhinitis episodes, evidence of time off from work, Dr letters point blank explaining what I am dealing with and having the claim for over 5yrs, the VA decided one day they saw improvement.

Now I fall under the presumptive scenario, which although I do not have to show I had it from service over in the middle East, I still have to fight to get back my 30%.

I never had to do a Gulf War DBQ, not sure if it even matters since the VA Raters are so SUBJECTIVE. I am on the registry, but we shall see what all that does for me when I go to appeal my case.

So even when you have your ducks in a row, you can still deal with shenanigans, but I'd suggest to make your case stronger:

Go to an allergist
Get tested for Allergies
Get CT SCanned for Sinuses
Keep a yrs worth documenting episodes of rhinitus and allergy episodes
Document days you miss from work due to allergic episodes
Keep track of all medicines 

I have been doing this for years and even though the VA still reduced me saying they saw improvement, this can only strengthen my case.

I’m sorry you’re having to go through this. I’m service connected for both chronic rhinitis and sinusitis and VA has them both as static conditions. 

everybody feel these private company comp exam are helping.

I have never seen this many reductions in all my years of dealing with va.

I am sorry that veterans will go through this because it will only get worse.

It just gave the va another holding place for claims.

They can keep send veterans for exam that are not even need they can even shop for unfavorable medical opinions.

We can't even see there report before they are in are claims and process.

Yea ok give it two years thing will be crazy. My opinion

My court remand has been been shop for 5 months 2 time to va hospital bath and buffalo ny 2 times to qtc and now it with lhi and they tell me I got to report for two exam 45 min away. 

So good luck and don't give up