VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Aid & Attendance

Rate this question

Mark777

Question

Good Afternoon,

I was approved for Aid & Attendance which I am very grateful! My question is that I was informed that the VA placed all of my SC Disabilities under Aid & Attendance. This includes SC 200% PTSD for keeping me safe, SC 200% Loss of Use of Both Feet and SC 100% Complications of Stroke to name a few. Aren’t Loss of Use and PTSD Keeping me safe separate with only one of them needed to establish Aid and Attendance? Wouldn’t it be considered R1?

Thank You All!

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I am getting threw this same thing they put all my disability in to one smc l award.

When they are different disability that effects different body parts.

Yes you can get two awards  smc l a&a but they must be on different body part.

Harm to self PTSD not been able to feed your self or bath loss of use.

Two different condition. Smc r

U will be in for a fight.

But good luck

Congratulations, on your victory.  As you suggested, you can get a rating for a and a, and others for loss of use of body parts.  Consider appealing this decision.  I would appeal to the BVA, dont count on VARO to know anything about SMC.  

My VARO called tdiu "moot" because I had 100 percent, "not getting" that 100 plus 60 would mean SMC S.  

My advice is to appeal to the Board, so dont mess with HLR.  Look up the regulations, and cite your medical evidence demonstrating loss of use.  

This said, loss of use is pretty strict.  Someone said its not loss of use "until you have the same use as if it were amputated.".  But, I dont know.  Im not sure if "loss of use" means ANY loss of use, or ALL loss of use.