VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Supplemental VA Disability Claim Results

Rate this question

GothamNeedsMe

Question

I have a supplemental claim submitted with the help of a VA Lawyer for two originally denied claims. Today, one of them updated from 30%-50%. The other one showed no change. 

Checking my status on Va.gov did F all since they now don’t track statuses for Supplemental Claims? It’s showed “We don’t know your status” since it was submitted back in July. 

I’m sure the other one has just been denied again, but for a little hope…has anyone had Ebenefits update at different times for multiple claims submitted/appealed at the same time? 

Thanks homies!

5 answers to this question

I had three claims this year, although not supplementals.  Two in February and one in May.  These were adjudicated on 12 August.  Off and on I would ring the VA (the 2411 #) to understand various things posted on the VA and Ebenefits websites.  I would fain stupidity, which was well received and they were quite helpful in updating me on the phone.

I recommend ringing the VA.  I cannot say about ringing Peggy directly (the 827-1000 #) as I am unable to call that from Germany.  But give them a ring and ask your questions.

If your attorney has VBMS access, he can give a much more precise answer than anyone else.  How do you know if he has VBMS access?  Ask him.  It takes some hoop jumping to get it, but its worth the effort.  

The VBMS access is similar to those who actually do your ratings, except the attorney's is read only.  There are VA employees who can alter VBMS, for example, when promulgating a decision.  This means they have read and write access to VBMS.  

Read only means what it says, you can read it but not change anything.  Read and write means that you can add or subtract stuff from the vbms file.  The administrator of the IT system has power to control who can read, or write or both on VBMS.  

This suggests you are not only a va employee, but your supervisor feels you are familiar with the system well enough not to mess it up.    A new rookie will often have a waiting period where his or her supervisor will have to approve each change to VBMS.    "Who"/when gets access, and their level, (read, read write, admin etc) needs to be carefully monitored.  

This is true of every IT system.  While I dont know VA's, Im familiar with other IT systems administration.  "The administrator" has the power to decide who has access and who does not.  Its possible, or even likely that the administration of VA's IT system is done through contractors, not VA employees.  Still, someone in VA will have to give a note to the admin whenever a change, such as an employee firing or hiring, occurs.  

• HadIt.com Elder

VA.gov usually gives a status on Supplemental Claims as "we don't know your status." It will stay that way until decision time. It isn't a status at all, just a rubber stamp comment. You may do well or not, but you'll never know on that status update. If you have a VSO, they may be able to look in VBMS and see maybe a clue as to where it is, etc. Maybe "some" info.