VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Update on Buck's wife

Rate this question

Berta

Question

from Buck:

"She has Double Pneaumonia  and her lungs are both filled  as they hope the antionbiotics /durritics start to work she been under the ventilator noe 3 days.  with no sign of improvement  so prayers are certainly welcome.

I can go up there and see her but she is sleep and unresponsevive  its sad to see her this way, she was tested 3 times for covid and was all negitive..Thank God,

Dr's say she should start showing improvment soon if not they are going to try some other type of antibiotics,,,,we'll see

she was scheduled fore her gallbaldder today 9/16/21   but thats all canceled   they did remove her drain bag and tubes  MRI shows no infection in her gallbladder  and its of normal size and the Dr said she can have that surgery at a later date  right now they care concerend about the pneaumonia."

It is good news that the gallblader infection i gone.But this is a very serious situation.

They need many prayers and her doctors should be prayed for too. A friend of mine (Veteran)was in critical condition the last 2 weeks with pneumonia but the doctors are trying a different antibiotic on him, and the news yesterday was that he was imroving a lot.

I get the pneumonia shot every year but I understand it does not prevent some types of pneumonia. Still it is protection from some of it- and I ALWAYS get the Flu shot-(but I did get the 4th Quadrant of flu a year ago- that the flu shot did not protect us from.

I have a few friends who refuse the COVID Vaccine. Covid is still in this area of NY. They stay at home most of the time. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck, again sorry, brother.

The best thing to do is contact SS and make an appointment. Bring all your paperwork and review with someone who has a clue as to what your POTENTIAL benefits could be. If it is necessary, you then might look to get a lawyer to do the paperwork for you if you think it would be too much for you right now. But start checking on it; don't put it off.

• HadIt.com Elder

Will do GB tHANKS

Ms Berta

Thank you for all the prayers at your church , Jesus must new some things we didn't like how she would have to live if she made it off the Ventilator  she most likely would not had a good quality of life and I know she would not want that...so in my mind and my heart I think Jesus made a good decision  and I am ok with that. ...sometime things like this we don't understand   so I ask Jesus  to heal her and let her come home  but day after day she just kept staying the same  and I had thought we need patients  and wait Jesus will heal her, but she never got any better her lungs just would not inflate like they needed to after the double pneumonia  the fluids did havc on he  lungs and it turn into GRSD which there is no cure for...the lungs either would improve after a week to 4 weeks or they won't  hers would not improve and there were no hope  it was sad seeing her  all sedated up and paralyzed.

for 16 straight  days I never got to talk with her or anything the whole time she was in ICU.....

I spent 48 years of nothing but great happy years with her   she made me happy all those years and never once complained about anything  how she felt or whatever if she got sick she was sick sick, she never meet a stranger  and she had a wonderful personality ...everyone that met her liked her she had a outgoing personality and love to laugh a lot ..we had a wonderful marriage and I was happy all those years.

she waited for me to get back from Nam  and her mother said oh honey  he will forget all about you and  find  someone else when he gets home  she said no mama  he is the one I am going to marry  him and only him...and she did....she was 18 years old and I just turn 20... we never had a nice big wedding and she never wanted a  big white wedding dress  like most girls back then   she just said we can get married at the JP at the downtown court house  and that's what we did  her Dad And her Step Mom were present.  she loved her jeans and very seen in a dress   ...she was the love of my life.

it was a marriage that would endure in  a wonderful life for both of us  until her health started failing her the last 10 /15years or so  although she had heart by pass surgery in 2005.

She never complained about that  either  she was one of a kind  and I am glad she was my wife all those years. no complaints for me either.   so until we meet again in the external life with Jesus  I wait my turn and keep Jesus at my side the rest of my life...UNTIL I MAKE CROSS OVER TO THE EXTERNAL SIDE

Thanks everyone  I feel alone after everyone goes home  not sure what my future holds for me now.

Buck, after the loss of 2 disabled vet husband's ,I found volunteer work gave me the help I needed to get through those losses.

Somehow I managed full time work as well as volunteer jobs, many years ago. The best volunteer work I did was at a VA vet center.

You have always been such a help here to veterans, that hadit will help you feel less lonliness I am sure.

But, this week is the anniversary of my USMC husband's death- over 2 decades ago and the grief is always there but it hurts less than it used to.

This link might help you with whatever SSA benefits you would get  due to Brenda''s death:

https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/survivors/ifyou.html

They have a phone number there to call as well and could direct you to the closest SSA office. 

• Community Owner
On 10/7/2021 at 10:40 AM, Buck52 said:

My wife passed away peacefully on 10/06/21 @ 3:40 pm

services are pending.

I will try my best to get back on hadit  but right now I have a lot on my plate,  her mom is staying with us and is not in her right mind and she is prone to falls  it's hard for me to go anywhere  I can't take her with me  and I am afraid she will fall   she 83 and feable.

Thanks to everyone  that sent prayers and for your support during this rough time in my life.

Blessings to All.

You are missed Brother.  I am the last of the family that razed me. So the words "I am sorry for your loss." Seen to be meaning less and I hate to say it to anyone when they are going through it and who was married for 48 years.  I like to celebrate there life and how they lived. For most spouses they deserve all the good they can get as (like Me) most of us are not easy to put up with. 

Rattler