VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU for Dummies

Rate this question

Smirak

Question

I swear I looked in the pinned post, but I guess I didn't see anything, or it wasn't clear.  I am ready to file a claim for TDIU.  Currently at 90% combined with 70% of that being PTSD.  So, I meet the 70/60/40 rule since one of my ratings is greater than 60%.  Also, I have been fired from 2 jobs within the past year, and most recently, it was due to (my thoughts) my PTSD (we have filed a complaint with EEOC for that as well) because I missed too much work for doctors appointments and such.

Background out of the way now...

Is there a "How to file TDIU for Dummies" guide somewhere around here?  Last claim I filed was on ebenefits, but as I understand that has now moved to VA.gov?  I need to know where to start. I already have all my civilian medical records, I have letters from doctors/friends/family stating how it impacts my ability to work.  I do not have a vocational letter (is this needed?).  I need to put myself out there and go ahead and call me stupid, but where do I start?  

Thanks,

Kevin

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You may start by filing the official TDIU application.  Get that filed and then supply all your documentation.  You probably need to make PTSD the disability you are filing TDIU for since you need to specify which disability makes you unable to work.  The main thing is to file your TDIU application/claim now.