VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Meniere secondary ptsd?

Rate this question

creek chub

Question

• Lead Moderator

For me, I would always go after a claim.  If you feel your SC disabilities is causing issues with another then you should file.  I don't know what % you are at so money wise it could be beneficial.  I more do it for the day I kick the can too far down the road and my family is left without me.  I want to make sure I am covered when that day comes.  

Also if you are not TDUI, this could push you there as I have heard people with this cannot work.  

Keep fighting IMO

• HadIt.com Elder

Agree with Shrek. It can be a 30% rating, so it most probably will impact your rating unless you're better than 80% or so combined. But a lot of us think like Shrek does also; the more you have as a rated disability, the more likely the VA would have to pay out DIC and benefits if you should pass from on you are rated for. And, meniere's is a nasty thing to have to struggle thru. I have vertigo but not full-blown meniere's, and it sucks.

58 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

Agree with Shrek. It can be a 30% rating, so it most probably will impact your rating unless you're better than 80% or so combined. But a lot of us think like Shrek does also; the more you have as a rated disability, the more likely the VA would have to pay out DIC and benefits if you should pass from on you are rated for. And, meniere's is a nasty thing to have to struggle thru. I have vertigo but not full-blown meniere's, and it sucks.

I guess I’m somewhat scared to file another claim. I’m 90% now. 
I have had vertigo for a couple years but my symptoms have changed to possibly get diagnosed with meniere. Even if it isn’t, I guess the vertigo may be secondary too??

thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

Post your ratings for each VA approved disability. like tinnitus=10%, back=20%

We can run the calculator to see exactly were you are with your 90%. Your actuals could be any where from 85 to 94 combined and rounded up or down to 90% If your within 2 or three from 95, it may be something you might want to consider. No personal info like name etc.

• Lead Moderator

Either and both can be.  Are you TDIU?  These things getting worse can cost you if you lose your job or if you get injured because of loosing you balance.  For me I will file if I feel it is related to or affected by my conditions.  Too many Vets were scared by the VA, and I know everyone has a different experience than I have.  I have never had the VA look at me as I keep fighting, and I am now at the 10 year mark.  Will probably get to 15 before it is fully resolved and by then it is possible some conditions could get worse and I will file again.  

Understand I am at 100% P&T I do not have a single condition at 100% so it is added up.  I do not qualify for SMC-S or any of those and I hope to never be there, but if the military taught me anything it is to plan for the worst and hope for the best.  

2 hours ago, GBArmy said:

Post your ratings for each VA approved disability. like tinnitus=10%, back=20%

We can run the calculator to see exactly were you are with your 90%. Your actuals could be any where from 85 to 94 combined and rounded up or down to 90% If your within 2 or three from 95, it may be something you might want to consider. No personal info like name etc.

My combined rating is 89% now. I meet the rating criteria for 50% migraines but haven’t filed for an increase (30% now).

I think if I got the migraine increased to 50%, I’d have to get another rating of 20% to get to 95%