VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

creek chub

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Absolutely!

If you have it, apply for it. MOS duty is here  https://usafals-afe.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Duty-MOS-Noise-Exposure-Listing.pdf

You must include a statement in support of the claim to win. (form21-4138 or 21-10210) You talk to what your symptoms are currently, when did it start Usually in service- or closely after, how it affects you socially . Explain how you were exposed; be descriptive of what happened. Example we used to go out with freinds a lot, but I don't like to do that anymore. I can't hear because of the buzzing noise.especially in a crowded area. I don't want't to ask people to repeat.," It affects you socially and at work, right. I would suggest you might comment that you never saw a hearing doc or audiologist because you just learned to live with it. and don't know it could be a disability. If you have a hearing issue also, put in for it. The VA often will grant for hearing, even a 0% separate if they grant for tinnitus.

51 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

Absolutely!

If you have it, apply for it. MOS duty is here  https://usafals-afe.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Duty-MOS-Noise-Exposure-Listing.pdf

You must include a statement in support of the claim to win. (form21-4138 or 21-10210) You talk to what your symptoms are currently, when did it start Usually in service- or closely after, how it affects you socially . Explain how you were exposed; be descriptive of what happened. Example we used to go out with freinds a lot, but I don't like to do that anymore. I can't hear because of the buzzing noise.especially in a crowded area. I don't want't to ask people to repeat.," It affects you socially and at work, right. I would suggest you might comment that you never saw a hearing doc or audiologist because you just learned to live with it. and don't know it could be a disability. If you have a hearing issue also, put in for it. The VA often will grant for hearing, even a 0% separate if they grant for tinnitus.

My MOS was phased out. It was 31D. Now it appears to be reclassified to 25 series. Very similar titles. Wonder if that’s an issue?

• HadIt.com Elder

No, if your MOS has been "retire" find an equal one and describe your primary duties which also includes your exposure to loud noises. Most of the time these VA people don't have a clue whar the MOS really meant. Or cross over to another branch that has a similar duties. Example MP in Army is same X in Navy.

31 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

I got out in 2000 and was service connected for tinnitus in 2013 I believe. I just put in the claim for tinnitus and hearing loss and the tinnitus was granted with no issues. I believe my MOS was highly probable for hearing loss.  

Thanks for the feedback. Did you get service connected for hearing loss too?