VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea test notes

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

I had my test last week and found my notes on Ebenefits. Nobody has called me and I do not have any appointments. Just wondering if anybody knows what some numbers mean? They don't have an average next to them. During my night recording i had 120 hypopneas, 7 obstructive apneas and 6 central apneas generating an overall AHI of 17.5/hour. The lowest oxygen saturation is recorded at 86%. Not sure if this is normal or not. I don't think I have anyway to SC it but at least they will take care of everything. Any expert advice would be much appreciated. Thanks all.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ive had it since I was DX in 2006. I can tell you more stuff about things like CPAP care and whatever, but it would glaze your eyes. There are some great forums out there specifically for sleep apnea that are really awesome resources of information. Apneaboard and CPAPtalk are both good ones. 

The most important thing about sleep apnea is that it is a silent killer. You go to sleep, and you never wake up. Getting a CPAP machine will really help your sleep apnea. You should contact your PCP (PRIMARY CARE PROVIDER) and have them refer you to the Sleep Evaluation Clinic where they will explain your test and issue you a CPAP machine if need. No need to guess what is going on.

*****THIS*****

osa can kill you, even not in your sleep. It damages the heart, too. Machines take a bit to get used to, but there are different types of masks you can use. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and try them all. You are going to get very well acquainted to you’re makin machine.

It’s my drug of choice for sleep- I can hardly sleep without it after years of using it, but I’m better for it and can actually function during the day without randomly dropping off in mid conv……

Or blinking while driving and wondering how I got a few blocks further than I was.