VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Completed CP Exams with LHI, then requested by VA to redo the same CP Exams with VES

Rate this question

VetNY12

Question

My claims are going on 1 yr and 6 months since the time I filed. Been taking so long due to the months it took to schedule these exams.

I had completed all my CP Exams with LHI contractor, then VA requested I redo all those same exams with VES contractor.

1 exam due to DBQ questionnaire changes

1 exam due to it being conducted over a year ago

Another exam which was done 4 months ago, also had to be redone.

Anyone else deal with this lately?

First time I ever claimed it took less than a year, completed CP Exams once then received a decision.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
On 10/1/2021 at 5:38 PM, pacmanx1 said:

Most if not all of us didn't even know about VA disability compensation pay

Same here. When I applied in 1995, the VA's web site really didn't exist and we had to trust our VSOs. I thought I was applying for medical compensation via continued medical care of injuries sustained while in the service. The copays and deductibles for medical treatment over five years was starting to add up. Years later when I finally won my BVA appeals, I was surprised to receive a check let alone anything monthly.

I think a big part of the breakdown in C&P problems are consistent in most VISN's. This VAOIG report is from last March (2021). (VBA Did Not Consistently Comply with Skills Certification Mandates for Compensation and Pension Claims Processors)

As cited below, if there are no consequences to insuring that you do your job properly, nobody will be motivated to improve. IG identified 520 people who did not know how to do the job, and only 1 faced any consequence. This may be a union problem because demoting a union member might be barred in certain situations.

"VBA Managers Did Not Take Personnel Actions against All Staff Who Failed Consecutive Tests after Receiving Remedial Training The OIG estimated 520 employees and supervisors failed tests on consecutive attempts after receiving remedial training within the review period. VBA’s plan to Congress (implementing the 2012 law) noted that in these circumstances, personnel would be downgraded to lower positions. VBA’s plan further indicated that implementation would occur after notification and appropriate action was taken with the labor union. Review of a sample (42) of these employees revealed no instances of downgrading and only one employee who was converted to a position with a lower potential for promotion. The OIG therefore estimated that 98 percent of the 520 employees and supervisors received no personnel action for failing consecutive tests"

Edited by pwrslm

I am from NEW YORK so what I have been told is reason for these claims to be taking over 1 yr and 6 months now, is due to the fact that I live in a very dense populated area of veterans.  I'm just outside of NYC. How long has your claim been taking to complete?

I too never knew about Compensation until I started working and a coworker spoke to me about it, even after I had been to the VA to register after I separated from the Air Force. I also didn't later about Lawyers that can help you file and them legally can only take 20-30% of your backpay if you win. So be sure you DO NOT pay an upfront fee to a lawyer who will hep you file claims, that is not legal.

This will is now a MONTH since my claim moved to the Evidence gathering, Review, and Decision status.

I understand covid hit, but I agree with what others said about raters not doing their jobs. I had my one disability for over 5 yrs at a 30% which last yr VA decided they saw improvement and reduced me to 0%, EVEN after my Dr. had written numerous letters stating "Veteran continues to suffer from disability with no improvement after a yr of treatment, recommend to stop treatment at this time". Also I had sent in other evidence to show illness still exists with no improvement, but I get this crazy decision and all the VA states is "The evidence you sent us is how we came to the decision" haha I was baffled. 

This whole process is very SUBJECTIVE and disturbing at times the way they rate. You gotta hope your rater had a good week for him/her to give you a proper rating basically 🙂

I shall keep you all posted, awesome feedback I greatly appreciate it and lets keep it going to help others.

• HadIt.com Elder

You said it Pacman. One VA C&P doctor told me vets get fat on purpose to get DMII rating. Everything you hear about how grateful America is to their vets is nonsense.  If they were really grateful they would fix the VA which they never will in my lifetime.

After 1 yr 6 months and doing the same cp exams twice with both contractors, a decision has finally been made and I have been told by the VA all 7 of my claims are NOT SERVICE CONNECTED woooo! haha Time to see what my lawyer can do.

The fight continues.