VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Angent Orange exposer

Rate this question

nightowl17

Question

I have submitted a clame for Angent orange exposer But I did not know that I had to have been elvated by the VA for this condition Out of all the sympotions that are listed I have for of them ,I have already been awarded expeosr for Diabeties type 2 and now i have a clame for Prostate cancer and heart diease now they want proof that I had been exposed which I dont have but the VAs site says it presumes all Viet Nam vets were exposed how do I satisfy Vas request for proof ?

If you were boots on ground during the specified time and in country you are conceded already if the condition is on the list. If you are claiming conditions not on the list of presumed conditions, though, that might be why. 

• HadIt.com Elder

nightowl17 If I understand you correctly, you say you have a VA disability for diabetes. Were you in Vietnam or exposed to Agent Orange? If so, your dd214 is all the proof you need to prove you were exposed. When were you in and what branch? Prostrate cancer residuals and heart disease are also residual disabilities for Agent Orange. 

Too bad there is no way to back date the grants for the added AO presumptive. So many years have gone by and so many Vets have suffered and died. The VA should review all of the past claims that were denied and overturn those, and grant the benefits that were due (backdated). The suffrage over decades is a shame, and should not be ignored.

On 10/4/2021 at 2:49 PM, nightowl17 said:

I have submitted a clame for Angent orange exposer But I did not know that I had to have been elvated by the VA for this condition Out of all the sympotions that are listed I have for of them ,I have already been awarded expeosr for Diabeties type 2 and now i have a clame for Prostate cancer and heart diease now they want proof that I had been exposed which I dont have but the VAs site says it presumes all Viet Nam vets were exposed how do I satisfy Vas request for proof ?

How were you exposed? Boots in VN, Thailand. Was you DM secondary to AO?