VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Camp Lejeune toxic water supply?

Rate this question

overthere

Question

Anyone ever heard of this, just came across some info about toxic water/ and water dringking at lejeune 1953 to 1985.  Recall something about it a while back, never gave it much thought.  Did part of my boot camp training there in 1969 for a few months.  Anything important ever come out of the medical issues about drinking the water?

I find sometimes you have some medical issues, and dont usually find out causes for some of them that had something to do with something you were involved with.  I think Uncle Sam always figures the less we know, the more money they get to keep.,,.to squander away on their stupid things.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Overthere You may be correct about what you said "Uncle Sam figures the less we know, the more $ they get to keep"; at least, it sure seems that way sometimes.

Yes there are significant benefits if you have disabilities presumed to be associated with the contaminated water. Must be between 1953-1987. See the list of disabilities here https://www.va.gov/disability/eligibility/hazardous-materials-exposure/camp-lejeune-water-contamination/ I stongly advise if you have any of these to submit a claim. You do need a current diagnosis and any med records, military or civilian, that are connected.