!! Advice given is in no way a substitute for consulting with a competent Veterans law firm, such as one on the NOVA advocate website !! ×
VA Disability Claims Community Forums - Hadit.com
  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Direct express(direct deposit question)

BentArrow

Recently, last week approved 70% SC VA, and I'm grateful with 9 months retro but I had backpay returned to VA as "Undeliverable - Bad Address (1) I use the direct express card as is all have for banking and direct deposit and there is no acc # or Routing # which is required when using "My VA.gov" portal. It will not let you proceed without this info so I assumed acc # was my card # and tried contacting VA 1-800-827-1000 and Direct Express and Treasury Dept no help? My backpay sitting guess at VA so it says on ebenefits mine. I am homeless vehicle been in shop 2 months temperatures dropping some can't go shelter just now or my things get stolen etc even asked VA mail to me but ? This is only numbers get contact with VA and sorry do best they can I guess but young folks at VA answering 800 # just reading off a card no help. I tested to point I well trying stay as positive and focused as can but I thank all if have any way contact VA real person plus did away w/iris web portal replaced with ask VA one I can't get it to work. Thanking all fellow veterans any help also thAnks for allowing me to join your web site. Future I will limit my responses questions etc to allow space/time for all vets, god bless all be SAFE.

Direct deposit for your VA benefit payments

Learn about getting your VA benefit payments through direct deposit. If you don’t already have a bank account, the Veterans Benefits Banking Program (VBBP) can connect you with a bank that will work with you to set up an account. If you already have one, find out how to change your direct deposit information.

https://www.benefits.va.gov/BENEFITS/docs/veterans-benefits-banking-program-faq.pdf

Good luck,

Hamslice

Edited by Hamslice
cause I can (see edit history)
  • Like 1

"Direct Express" is basically a centralized way to transfer money, probably inferior to crypto currency. (In other words Bitcoin).  Think of direct express as the name of a bank, such as First National Bank.  https://militarybenefits.info/direct-express-card/

Right now, the government does not accept Bitcoin, but, since Bitcoin has a market cap of 1200 billion (1.2 trillion) which is MORE than any bank, I predict the time is coming.  

ONE reason direct express is  inferior to bitcoin:  The government, (IRS), can garnish your bank account, with ease,  such as if you owe taxes, or child support.  But they can not garnish bitcoin.  Its possible they can confiscate your bitcoin, (and sell it), but the government rarely confiscates bitcoin unless you have committed some major fraud, such as bought and sold drugs with your bitcoin, or used it for terrorism.  

Its a huge problem for the government to even "find" your bitcoin, especially if you take steps to hide it.  This is not so with any (American) bank account.  For example, you could store the (electronic) keys to get your bitcoin on a jump drive buried in Canada.  

• Founder

I used direct express for a couple of years, but after i got my retro pay this year. I had $3000 in fraudulent charges and filed a claim. they denied it many of the charges were for pizza delivery in the UK. I do not trust them and would not recommend them. That $3000 really put me behind, a week after that happened, the va sent a letter that they didn't pay my rep so i owe them $2000 so this year everything has been a struggle.

Direct Express "gets away" with things like "not making the card zero fraud liability", such as Chase, then refusing to remove fraud charges,  because they can.  Direct express is mostly for the poor people who cant get a bank account, sometimes for past checks/banking issues.  If you write a bad check, even if your balance was only 1 dollar short, that is reported to companies which banks check before they open you an account.  (One company was called Chextra, but Im not sure if its still called that). 

People with very low money cant afford a lawyer to sue Direct Express, they know it and take advantage of you.  If a rich person gets hornswaggled by a bank, they can sue them.  Worse, Banks dont want a bad reputation by rich people.  

For example, Chase has a division called "Private Client".  That means you have MONEY..I dont think you can become a private client unless you are a millionaire.  

(I went in to a chase private client and asked them, some years ago).  You are treated like Royalty if you are a private client.  

If you have big money at a bank, you dont pay for anything.  They automatically cover bounced checks, take off bad credit card charges, give you free stuff like free safe deposit boxes, free checks, no charge for checking, etc. etc.  They even used to give away stuff like toasters if you deposited a large amount.  

It does not seem fair.  Rich people, who dont need the money, get everything free.  Poor people pay all kinds of fees.  No, its not fair.  But, its one of the many perks of being rich.  No, Im not rich but know people who are.  

BUT:  You may be able to contact "legal aid" to help you.  Legal aid is for poor people.