VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro pay after TDIU?

Rate this question

allansc2005

Question

Afternoon folks, hope everyone is safe and healthy.

Back in January, 2017 I was awarded TDIU P&T, got all the back pay, goodies such as no taxes on vehicles, dwelling...

In December of 2019, I filed a secondary claim of overactive bladder-OAB in connection with spinal issues for which I was already awarded SC, and was denied.

I asked for a higher level review due to the denial, was granted the review, was sent to a C&P exam for that same OAB claim, and got a call yesterday from the C&P doctor telling me he concurs that my OAB "is connected to my SC spinal conditions", and that he would tell the VA the same thing on the DBQ.

So, my question is: Will there be any back pay from the time I was denied SC for the OAB back in December, 2019?  FYI, I'm 90% Scheduler.

Thanks

Allan 2-2-0 HOOAH!

@brokensoldier244th,

I'm TDIU and my scheduler is 90%.

In going over the Urinary Rating System which is 20-40-60 percentages, and considering the questions the C&P doctor asked me, it looks like 40% will be my award.

Allan 2-2-0 HOOAH!

16 hours ago, allansc2005 said:

Afternoon folks, hope everyone is safe and healthy.

Back in January, 2017 I was awarded TDIU P&T, got all the back pay, goodies such as no taxes on vehicles, dwelling...

In December of 2019, I filed a secondary claim of overactive bladder-OAB in connection with spinal issues for which I was already awarded SC, and was denied.

I asked for a higher level review due to the denial, was granted the review, was sent to a C&P exam for that same OAB claim, and got a call yesterday from the C&P doctor telling me he concurs that my OAB "is connected to my SC spinal conditions", and that he would tell the VA the same thing on the DBQ.

So, my question is: Will there be any back pay from the time I was denied SC for the OAB back in December, 2019?  FYI, I'm 90% Scheduler.

Thanks

Allan 2-2-0 HOOAH!

Unless something unusual happens, you will not likely get any retro. Reason being is that the VA has already been paying you at the 100% TDIU compensation rate since January 2017, even if your rating is increased to the 100% scheduler rating that would only balance your payment to equal the same 100% compensation rate. Now if for some unusual reason that you meet the SMC criteria it is possible, but many would say that it is way too early and pure speculation(GUESSING) because we do not know what you are service connected for and what is in your records. 

Edited by pacmanx1

@pacmanx1,

I kind of figured your assessment is correct.

Using the VA's "math", the 40% I mentioned above will get me to 100% scheduler from the C&P exam.

Now pacmanx1, how can I find out what conditions the VA used to get to my TDIU?

Allan 2-2-0 HOOAH! 

3 minutes ago, allansc2005 said:

Now pacmanx1, how can I find out what conditions the VA used to get to my TDIU?

That information should be in your January 2017 rating decision or the decision that rated you TDIU P & T with the effective date of TDIU January 2017.