VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro pay after TDIU?

Rate this question

allansc2005

Question

Afternoon folks, hope everyone is safe and healthy.

Back in January, 2017 I was awarded TDIU P&T, got all the back pay, goodies such as no taxes on vehicles, dwelling...

In December of 2019, I filed a secondary claim of overactive bladder-OAB in connection with spinal issues for which I was already awarded SC, and was denied.

I asked for a higher level review due to the denial, was granted the review, was sent to a C&P exam for that same OAB claim, and got a call yesterday from the C&P doctor telling me he concurs that my OAB "is connected to my SC spinal conditions", and that he would tell the VA the same thing on the DBQ.

So, my question is: Will there be any back pay from the time I was denied SC for the OAB back in December, 2019?  FYI, I'm 90% Scheduler.

Thanks

Allan 2-2-0 HOOAH!

@pacmanx1, bronco.., et al,

Thanks for the great advice, information, references..

As a footnote, the "Status" for this case on va.com reads "We don't know your status"; first time I ever saw a status on a claim that said that!

Allan 2-2-0 HOOAH!

At one time AMA supplemental and AMA HLR were estimated at 125 days completion and BVA AMA appeals were 365 days, but the VA recently changed that because they say they can no longer guarantee that time frame due to all the new appeals that came in and that they are now trying to concentrate on completing all the legacy claims before 2022/2023-time frame. 

Edited by pacmanx1

@pacmanx1,

Yes I read that in the Army Times.

What's sad is the long wait for veterans who's medical records burned up in that St Louis fire in the early 70's.

I've got an 80 year-old veteran I'm working with now who falls into that category, and even though I tell him that lost/burned up records doesn't mean his goose is cooked(actually the opposite), it's still the waiting game that has him pooping Twinkies!

OK OK, bad choice of words, just thought a little humor would be nice😃🤣

Allan 2-2-0 HOOAH!

Yes, we requested his case be expedited due to his age, as well as terminal illnesses such as COPD..

Sadly, this is his first claim! He came in during that "grey" period between 1960-1963 that doesn't qualify him for a pension, which was denied.

I would be willing to bet, without getting his hopes up, that even though he doesn't have a NEXUS for any of his claims(arthritis is a gimmie), he will get 100% for his terminal conditions thanks to that St Louis fire.

Like you wisely say "Wait for the decision.."

Allan 2-2-0 HOOAH!

• HadIt.com Elder

I recently had an advance on the docket and didn't have to apply for the advance. They did so for "hardship." In my case, just that l am 75. I did put in for the advance but it was confirmed right away as already moved up. By the way, my appeal, star to finish took only 2 months. Anyone that meets the "hardship" criteria should consider requesting the advance. BVA decisions in the direct lane now are now taking over 12 months.