VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

0% for CFS

Rate this question

Lavish

Question

From e-benefits and speaking with an American Legion rep, it looks like the VBA has rated me 0% SC for CFS effective 2015.  I thought the ratings for CFS had to be 10, 20, 40, 60, or 100.  As of 2015, I am rated 50% for MDD w/ anxiety, and 40% for Fibro.   As of 2020, I am 100% for MDD w/ anxiety.   They are trying to screw me out of back pay and SMC.   

I did a C&P exam in August for CFS and Gulf War Illness.  I was hoping they would rate me for all of the many other issues that I have since the examiner did DBQs on them, but definitely the headaches, which I was denied for back in May.

I have so many issues that have been documented by the VA.  How can they rate me at 0% for CFS and nothing for GWI?   I know they are trying to lump the fatigue in with the Fibro and MDD, but there are a WHOLE lot of other issues related to CFS that isn't included in the MDD and Fibro award.  I didn't think I would need to file a supplemental again for the headaches and other issues, since the examiner did DQBs for 20 different things - I "thought" VA would list them as secondary to the CFS or something, but I guess that was wishful thinking. 

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

46 minutes ago, pacmanx1 said:

Even though you had a Gulf War exam if you did not file a claim for these separate issues the VA/BVA will not necessarily rate them. After my Gulf War Exam, the VA denied my claims and I filed separate claims and then the VA rated and granted my claims for headaches 50%, Sleep Apnea 50%, Fibromyalgia 40%, GERD/IBS 30% and Mood Disorder 30%. The effective dates were not far off so I am not concern about the effective dates other than I have one issue on appeal because I thought/think I should get a better effective date.    

I might send in a supplemental claim for the headaches and sleep apnea and use the DBQs from the Gulf War Exam as the "new evidence".   However, I did just go to my PCP about 2.5 weeks ago and requested something for headaches -  because my last VBA denial for headaches was due to no "chronicity" of care.   In the past, I would just deal with the daily headaches, take Tylenol when they got bad, and of course lay down when they got really bad and turned into migraines.   Dr. put me on Amitriptyline for the headaches, I'm suppose to take 1/2 pill up to two 10 mg pills a day.  I started 1 pill and it did help a little, but they come back.  I move to 1.5 and now I'm at 2 a day as of a couple days ago and they are still coming back toward the end of the day.  I've been dealing with them for 30 years now, so to just have a few hours where I don't have to deal with them is a relief.