VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Happy Veterans Day Everyone!!!!!

Rate this question

Berta

Question

As a first born American, I think EVERY DAY should be Veteran's Day!

The sacrifices you have all made, as well as your family members, to serve and protect our Freedom, has made and continues to make the USA the greatest 'experiment' of civilization , in my opinion-because we still have the greatest Military in the world!

and it has been a true experiment , an idea , a vision, - that outlived the Founders of our country , when they prepared the most important viable documents we still have- the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution!

I hope everyone of you can enjoy this day, but which is often a sad refection on all the men and women who are now deceased but gave so much to us all with their service.

It is still dark here in NY where I live, but by 7 AM the sun will be up and I can put out all of my flags- and reflect on what this day means to me, a civilian, in so many ways.    GOD BLESS AMERICA and All of YOU!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

One day a year the USA takes the vets out of mothballs and gives us a lousy parade and a free meal.  Increase our compensation, widow's benefits, better medical care and better educational benefits.  Keep the parades and free meals.  

• Community Owner
On 11/12/2021 at 8:05 AM, john999 said:

One day a year the USA takes the vets out of mothballs and gives us a lousy parade and a free meal.  Increase our compensation, widow's benefits, better medical care and better educational benefits.  Keep the parades and free meals.  

And the rest the time they leave on the streets to starve. Not to mention the c@#$ that they have to go through to get benefits.