VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

News: VA trying to keep vets from using community care under Mission Act

Vync

6 hours ago, McRay said:

In essence, I was going 'out of network' to request community care and it couldn't be approved.

Most medical offices are affiliated with more than a single carrier network. Ask if they would sign up to the VA system for you. Many of these offices take Medicare so the payment system is the same and they will get the same payout either way.

I had a spine surgeon sign up in Orlando and today his business is over 50% from the VA. He sent me a gift card as a thank you. Not to mention the fact that he was covered by VA when he did my 4 level lumbar fusion.

Edited by pwrslm

• HadIt.com Elder

I used the VA for dental once and the idiots pulled the wrong tooth.  I spend mucho money getting a implant.  I would not trust those VA dentists with cleaning my teeth.  The gave me some kind of tooth paste and it turned my teeth brown.  I had to get special cleaning to get them restored.  I did have a crown done and it took them two months to do the actual crown after doing a temporary crown. In the meantime that took almost went bad.  I had a real dentist finish it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@GBArmy yes, SC for dental since 1995 and 100% P&T since 2013, so I'm covered both ways.

@john999That's scary. It has been more than six months since my last cleaning, so I am going to try it again. It sounds like they gave you something with high amounts of stannous fluoride and cetylpyridinium chloride. Those are known for causing brown stains.