VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question

I haven’t been here for a while, but to update, I am 100% P & T now, but the VA did not hardly pay any retro pay. My medical records are still being withheld per Exemption 5 [ 5 U.S.C. 552 (b)(5) ], and my medical treatment records were intentionally withheld for 51 years now. I have the records request form from January 1972 when the US Army told me they were lost intransit from Vietnam. This was absolutely false, and I finally got them in 2016, showing I had no reaction to Chloroquine, yet I had a skin disease they could not determine the cause of. I actually had malaria, and was hospitalized with a serious Lung infection from “Undetermined Organisms” eight months after Vietnam. My oldest son died at 47 years old, and was affected from Agent Orange or the malaria, or both as he was conceived while I was “Home Awaiting Orders” and still sick. The VA has lied to me ever since my Honorable Discharge in April 1972. I need an honest lawyer that will take my case which would go back to my April 1983 claim, almost 39 years of 100% retropay. I was denied, as well as my kids were denied all compensation & pension because I was still ill at discharge. I would have been medically discharged at 100% if the DOD/US Army would have allowed access to my records. I was intentionally deceived and compensation withheld since April 1972, but I did file in April 1983, but the VA ignored my Records Request, not even responding. I have that request form also from 1983. What attorney would anyone recommend as this is one of my last attempts at justice. There doesn’t seem to be any! I am 70 and not doing very well because of CAD 100%. I have been runaround since 2014 getting 100% in December 2020, but losing my son in December 2019. Can anyone recommend an attorney that will fight for the Veteran? I would appreciate and advice or recommendations. Thank you very much

victor ray

I have spoken with "at least" a dozen Veterans attorney's over the years.  Frankly, Veterans law is not particulary lucrative.  They have to wait forever to get paid, just like we do.  

And, there are around 29 million American Veterans, and maybe a few hundred attorneys who are actively accepting VA benefit claimants.  (there are far more for social security).  

Therefore, Attorneys can be choosy.  They almost have to be, because they will be investing money in your claim in their time, their secretary time, as well as significant office expenses, for several years before they can hope to see any payment.  

Send your information to at least a half dozen attorneys.  I do it by email, and its easy to remember which ones I contacted and their response, or lack of same.  

I think Ted Williams was one of the best baseball players ever, and he still had a batting average of about .340.  This means he struck out 2/3 times at bat.  And, he had at least 3 tries every time he went to bat!  

So, dont be upset if only one out of 10 accept you.  Thats enough.  

43 minutes ago, broncovet said:

I have spoken with "at least" a dozen Veterans attorney's over the years.  Frankly, Veterans law is not particulary lucrative.  They have to wait forever to get paid, just like we do.  

And, there are around 29 million American Veterans, and maybe a few hundred attorneys who are actively accepting VA benefit claimants.  (there are far more for social security).  

Therefore, Attorneys can be choosy.  They almost have to be, because they will be investing money in your claim in their time, their secretary time, as well as significant office expenses, for several years before they can hope to see any payment.  

Send your information to at least a half dozen attorneys.  I do it by email, and its easy to remember which ones I contacted and their response, or lack of same.  

I think Ted Williams was one of the best baseball players ever, and he still had a batting average of about .340.  This means he struck out 2/3 times at bat.  And, he had at least 3 tries every time he went to bat!  

So, dont be upset if only one out of 10 accept you.  Thats enough.  

Thank you Broncovet.

years is a keyword. Any of this lags on for years, and I was cheated out of almost 50 years of compensation, not to mention the health problems brought about because the VA lies about everything. They knew all along they were guilty, but covered it all up in hopes I would die first. They are still withholding evidence and will to make sure I die like my son did without getting justice. I think America is beyond repair and the evil is too deep to be removed, but I can’t help but to hope! I know all you said is true, so thank you. I will pray for a decent lawyer to take my case! Thank you!

Oh! I'm surprised that your medical records and documents have been hidden from you and your doctors. Is this really possible? It's strange that you didn't want to do this case earlier. I would have sensed something was wrong right away. I've often heard that the Department of Veterans Affairs often behaves dirty and closes old vague cases without explanation. But your case surprises me. I read about such cases on https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/qlarant-audits-7-keys-to-a-strong-defense-61487. All these people, of course, turn to successful and talented lawyers who can advise them and deal with their cases in court.

Edited by peterolfe