VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Donating to this forum

Rate this question

slangpdx

Question

Don't know where else to post this so am picking this forum at random.  I keep getting email from donotreply asking to donate because hadit is going broke.  Then the only option for donating is Paypal.  I do not use that because I have been hacked twice on it, once when I didn't even have an account but someone created an account in my name and then put my stolen credit card number on it.  Fortunately both times it was discovered by the company but they still weren't able to safeguard their computers to begin with. 

I suppose there is a reason hadit will not allow donation by credit card but I will not be donating by Paypal.  Can this site not set up a gofundme funded by credit card or some equivalent?  It seems if it really needs money it will look at other options, possibly also a nonprofit grant, or trying to recruit a deep pocket donor.  There may be many state or federal grants possible.  Just suggesting. 

I am 70% SC for 11 years, have not applied for 100% because don't trust the system. 

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Unless the forum is incorporated as a non-profit any proceeds received through a go fund me would be considered as income for the recipient, and thus, taxable. 

14 minutes ago, slangpdx said:

Don't know where else to post this so am picking this forum at random.  I keep getting email from donotreply asking to donate because hadit is going broke.  Then the only option for donating is Paypal.  I do not use that because I have been hacked twice on it, once when I didn't even have an account but someone created an account in my name and then put my stolen credit card number on it.  Fortunately both times it was discovered by the company but they still weren't able to safeguard their computers to begin with. 

I suppose there is a reason hadit will not allow donation by credit card but I will not be donating by Paypal.  Can this site not set up a gofundme funded by credit card or some equivalent?  It seems if it really needs money it will look at other options, possibly also a nonprofit grant, or trying to recruit a deep pocket donor.  There may be many state or federal grants possible.  Just suggesting. 

I am 70% SC for 11 years, have not applied for 100% because don't trust the system. 

You can donate via credit card.  I personally do not have a paypal account and will never get one again.  I previously had one and they screwed me over....it was a small amount but I digress.   Just select the option and when you get the payment screen you will have the option to select a credit card.  I just did it. 

Tx for responses.  On another note, I see there are law firms that have placed ads here recruiting to help veterans .  Since the forum is knowledgeable about vet issues, it is of course vouching for the credibility and competence of these outfits.  Correct?

Edited by slangpdx
accuracy

Tbird is not responsible for the opinions of hadit members.  We offer our own opinions, which includes law firms.  I have recommended some law firms..not out of any monetary gain, but because I have either used these law firms, or know of their reputations.  

If individuals have had a negative experience with a law firm, they may also make that opinion.  Some Vets on hadit "wont disclose the name" of their law firm for their own reasons.  

I monitor this board, and I have found the advice given here superb.  If I dispute advice given here, Im free to post my dispute.  

And, on occassion, I have disputed what Vets post here, and have rendered an opinion.  

But they are OPINIONS, and opinions vary widely.  I like hadit because its what I call "peer reviewed", again, if you dispute what is posted you can call the person out on it and give your reasons why you dispute their opinion.  

This is the reason I like hadit..we can voice our opinions and we can read the pro and con for both sides and  decide for ourself.  However, neither hadit, nor tbird, nor myself are accountable (legally) for our lay opinions.  You can chose whether to accept advice given here or not.  By my experience has been you are wise to accept the advice given here, including that in regard to law firms.  I did, and Im glad I did.  Now, I can/do give back, with knowledge I have acquired on this site.  I offer advice to others, but always do your own checking.  What worked for me, may not always work for you under different circumstances.  

Edited by broncovet