VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Exam

Rate this question

Maryk

Question

Good Afternoon, 

I did something stupid. I had appts with QTC via the VA. I went to both appts. It was for allergic rhinitis. Every six months they would do an exam for check. When I went in for the appt I was so watery eyed and nose full of allergies that I was miserable. Everytime I go for appts at QTC the lady examiners are so very rude and condensing. Well, on the Ebenefits. VA.Gov website they sometimes send emails asking about your visit. I usually never complain but just take their terrible attitudes in stride as best I can. This last particular visit was do awful I cried going home from the rudeness and once an email was prompted to discuss it I reported the examiner. My stress level was so high I just couldn't condone it that time. 

Once I wrote the letter, the reprisals and retaliation came swiftly.  I had pissed several examiners off. 

Of course they're using their power to reverse my claim. 

Are you able to recommend a Lawyer or VSO for help?

Thank you dearly! 

Mary K Hayes

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

You posted:

Well  what mess with my mental health is anyone play with my income.

So if I feel they are yes I am put something in my record about it.

I don't just let it go

Like yourself I was very willing to "confront" anyone who disagreed with me.  

After being married to my current wife, who is non confrontational, I had wondered why she seemed to always have peace in her life.  

Well, she does not sweat the small things, and nearly everything is a small thing in the grand scheme of things. 

I have done it both ways, and Im very glad to not fret over stuff like this anymore.  I will let guys like you squander much time doing this.  I will let this sleeping bear lie...20 years, or no 20 years..(my 20 should be up in 2022). 

Im concentrating on changing mySELF, not the rest of the world, including VA.  I have discovered Newton's law applies:

An object at rest tends to stay at rest and an object in motion tends to stay in motion.  And, Im not sure I want to try to change either.  Im gonna work on fixing MY issues, and MY problems, and mostly let others work on their own. 

If you do want to fix VA, do you think the right way to go about it is complain about your c and p exams or whatever? 

At a minimum, you should also be telling them how they did good..and some of it, at least, is good. 

I can count my irritations or count my blessings.  Im not keeping score of who irritates me.  Im sure I irritate others, too.   

I dont have that many days left, to squander ANY of my days fretting with how VA does stuff.  I would rather spend time with my spouse or grandchildren.  

I learned to let "almost everything" go.  Its so much better than fretting about everything.