VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

dermatitis denial

Rate this topic

SANUSCG

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, SANUSCG said:

So, the VA is my primary care provider, I submitted the list of ointments used on a daily basis for my skin condition (dermatitis), during the C and P exam, so they are well aware of what I am using and how often, they are used, which is daily / constantly for over 2 years now, at the least.  

The C&P examiner may not have noted the list you gave him. This is why you must document the prescriptions, preferably by a qualified medical professional.

A medical professionals opinion in your medical records about this should put the balance of the evidence in your favor. It is the RO that must be convinced. At this point it sounds like the RO took the word of the C&P examiner. You can pay for an IMO, or try to get your PCP to enter the statement I posted above into your VA Medical Records. I would take the cheapest route first as a common sense measure. Why pay if its free?

Man u don't need no independent medical opinion because the va didn't address your evidence.

If the rater didn't address the use of your medicine or it's effective on your disability.

Appeal it and write a statement and give them the va hospital information with it.

Showing you have been using this cream for years and apply for clothing allowance.

The cream mess up your clothing and the va will help 

Good luck

4 hours ago, deedub75 said:

Topical steroid ointments are local and not systemic steroids.  What does your letter say?

So the VA letter doesn't mention anything about my topical ointments that I am using.  The ointments are used on the entire body basically, to help with the dermatitis.  Especially on the arms, back, trunk and arms. The VA letter states that a higher evaluation of 60 percent is not warranted for dermatitis or eczema unless the evidence shows constant or near- constant systemic therapy such as corticosteroids or other immunosuppressive drugs required during the past 12 month period.    I believe there was a rule change in 2018 that addressed ointments that were used topically to treat the disease would qualify, for the increase. I use the ointments on a daily basis on large area of the body / skin.