VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do attorneys have certain visibility or knowledge to claim activity that I do not see in eBenifits & VA.gov?

Rate this question

MKAH

Question

A few days ago, my attorney sent me this email on a PTSD claim I filed back in 2016 and have appealed to the BVA.  After getting this email, I checked eBenifits & VA.gov and they still read, "waiting to be sent to a law judge".

"I am reaching out to give an update on your case. We are currently pending a Rating Decision in response to the Board Appeal filed 05/18/21. If you have received any recent VA correspondence, please be sure to inform our office"

Thank You

Edited by MKAH

19 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

What can you specifically not see?

One thing is the documents submitted with a claim. In va.gov it only shows that something was submitted, but EB showed the actual documents that could be read/downloaded. We can no longer insure that submitted evidence is actually what the RO has. Anything missed when documents get scanned into the system will not show up until the Vet gets a copy of the CFile after the claim is closed.

19 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

What can you specifically not see? I haven't used VA.gov at all except for printing up to date letters, or Ebenefits, in about 7 yrs. I finished filing my claims a long time ago. I do have an email to one of the development teams that works on VBMS and I could ask them about the team on VA.gov and who to contact for pushing feature requests if I have a list of something to give them. 

My attorney stated in the email that: "...pending a Rating Decision in response to the Board Appeal...", however, VA.GOV shows "

18 minutes ago, pwrslm said:

One thing is the documents submitted with a claim. In va.gov it only shows that something was submitted, but EB showed the actual documents that could be read/downloaded. We can no longer insure that submitted evidence is actually what the RO has. Anything missed when documents get scanned into the system will not show up until the Vet gets a copy of the CFile after the claim is closed.

Since I have always been able to view documents that I have personally uploaded, in EB, I have never actually looked for them in VA.GOV.

• HadIt.com Elder

Also,ebenefits is going to be phased out. Veterans should use VA.gov as well as ebenefits so you can learn to navigate and find what you need going into the future.

3 hours ago, GBArmy said:

Also,ebenefits is going to be phased out. Veterans should use VA.gov as well as ebenefits so you can learn to navigate and find what you need going into the future.

GBArmy,  Absolutely sir. 

When I want to check the status of a given claim, I first look at disability % in EBenifits.  If I see no change OR a change in percent, I then log into VA.GOV and look at the status of the specific claim.   

It's been my experience that if VA.GOV describes we agree with your appeal and have over-ruled the claim bla bla bla, but Ebenefits shows no percent change, the claim was approved but rated at zero %.  I know, because that happend to me. 

Also, it's been my experience that Ebenifits updates the percent if any, about a day or two prior to VA.GOV describing the final status of the claim... for better or worse. 

And of course, "review your payment history" in VA.GOV is usually updated (if an increase was awarded - resulting in retro pay) about the same time as the disability percent in Ebenifits.

I'll certainly be happy when this process eventually comes to a conclusion and that future Veterans will eventually have one portal that provides everything, they need to follow claims and related information.

Edited by MKAH

4 hours ago, MKAH said:

'll certainly be happy when this process eventually comes to a conclusion and that future Veterans will eventually have one portal that provides everything, they need to follow claims and related information.

I think a lot of us feel the same. We need transparency and accurate info.