VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do attorneys have certain visibility or knowledge to claim activity that I do not see in eBenifits & VA.gov?

Rate this question

MKAH

Question

A few days ago, my attorney sent me this email on a PTSD claim I filed back in 2016 and have appealed to the BVA.  After getting this email, I checked eBenifits & VA.gov and they still read, "waiting to be sent to a law judge".

"I am reaching out to give an update on your case. We are currently pending a Rating Decision in response to the Board Appeal filed 05/18/21. If you have received any recent VA correspondence, please be sure to inform our office"

Thank You

Edited by MKAH

Be aware that some of the scanned documents will not be compatible with Ctrl F because things like old active duty medical records or info in the Personnel Records Jacket could be handwritten. Those documents must be carefully looked at because so many MD's write so sloppy, and in some foreign medical language, that you need to take your time to figure out. 

Ctrl F can only be used for info typed that can be OCR's (object character recognition).

Edited by pwrslm

On 1/9/2022 at 7:25 AM, pwrslm said:

Ctrl F can only be used for info typed that can be OCR's (object character recognition).

I've noticed that Ctrl F works on some PDF files but not others. I'm not sure what the difference is. Different program versions maybe. I'll search the internet on this because I am putting together records for supplemental claims. I like Brokensoldier's idea of creating an executive summary style submission of evidence. It would be so nice if I could get Ctrl F to work on text box notes pasted on top of non-OCR docs within a PDF. I don't think it can work that way. I think I can embed links to existing tags within a PDF document. I'll have to work with it.

Its got to do with how they are scanned in, I think. sometimes they are scanned in as documents, other times they are images of pages converted again to PDF. I think those are the ones that CTRLF barfs on. 

44 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

Its got to do with how they are scanned in, I think. sometimes they are scanned in as documents, other times they are images of pages converted again to PDF. I think those are the ones that CTRLF barfs on. 

Makes sense. Thanks.

PDF can use OCR (object character recognition) to ID the letters in images. Used to be really hard to get them to work right, but the ones we have today are pretty accurate. Adobe does this well. I have been using Power PDF ($60) that does pretty good also.