VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Supplemental claim was closed?

Rate this question

XIbodybag

Question

Hey fellow vets.  I filed a supplemental claim with an IMO tying my sleep apnea to my ptsd on sept 21st.  In mid october it went to prep for decision and today the claim is reading "closed" but not "the va has made a decision".  I looked up the meaning for it saying "closed" and the va website states that if it says closed it may mean this

Your Supplemental Claim was closed We closed your Supplemental Claim. This may be because you didn’t take an action VA requested.

I dont get it.  I've been in constant contact with the VA 1800 number (as in calling weekly) and they kept saying prep for decision and nothing further was needed...so why would it be closed with no decision?  Of course I cant call the VA today because they are closed in observance of the holiday.

17 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

GS5's barely have a Bachelor's degree are not anywhere close to being a VSR unless they are coming in from somewhere else with considerable federal service already behind them. 

If I ever arrived at 100% P&T I would use my bachelors, somehow, maybe at a VAMC in something 💔

8 minutes ago, Rivet62 said:

If I ever arrived at 100% P&T I would use my bachelors, somehow, maybe at a VAMC in something 💔

Well, thats what I did, eventually. Bachelors in IT, Masters in Ed/Distance learning, working on another MS now. Currently plodding away as a GS9, almost 10.  For VSRs a Bachelor's in 'something' is pretty much a pre-requisite. 

2 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

Well, thats what I did, eventually. Bachelors in IT, Masters in Ed/Distance learning, working on another MS now. Currently plodding away as a GS9, almost 10. 

Wow. Congratulations.  I like the career ladders in government work. It's pretty straightforward, I think. But yeah you'll probably end up a GS12.

4 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

For VSRs a Bachelor's in 'something' is pretty much a pre-requisite. 

Remind me please. What exactly does VSR stand for?

Veterans service rep- we build the claims off the evidence you send in, evaluate it and mark it up where we can find that the contention meets up with the medical documentation,  request the exams, and make sure everything is as of record as it can be after the opinion from the examiner comes back before sending to rating. 

Don’t know shoot 12- vsr’s cap at 10, I think unless you become a rater or rotate out into training or supervising. I’m a mentor for new vsr’s right now- more work, no increase in pay- you know, the usual. 😂 I’d rather be redesigning their remote training and required yearly retraining. Some of it looks godawful. Like Windows, 1997. 

4 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

Veterans service rep- we build the claims off the evidence you send in, evaluate it and mark it up where we can find that the contention meets up with the medical documentation,  request the exams, and make sure everything is as of record as it can be after the opinion from the examiner comes back before sending to rating. 

Don’t know shoot 12- vsr’s cap at 10, I think unless you become a rater or rotate out into training or supervising. I’m a mentor for new vsr’s right now- more work, no increase in pay- you know, the usual. 😂 I’d rather be redesigning their remote training and required yearly retraining. Some of it looks godawful. Like Windows, 1997. 

VSRs used to cap a GS-11. When I became a VSR at the end of 2013, they had just reclassified the VSR to cap at GS-10 and then you had to apply to be a GS-11 authorizer.