VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

White House Hotline VS IG complaint

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

Can a veteran file a complaint of delay in processing his/her BVA grant/remand to the IG or the White House Hotline? My appeal was granted/remanded. The RO failed to process this grant/remand and certified my appeal back to the BVA. The BVA had to Order a second grant/remand to get the RO to implement their decision. This second Order was implemented, and the remand completed but this caused a delay which caused my appeal to be returned to the BVA a year later and now my return remand is still pending whereas if the RO completed/implemented my original grant/remand, my returned remand would be completed by now. Can an IG complaint/White House complaint get it moving any faster?

My second complaint is, I reopened an already service-connected disability. I requested an EED based on VAMC medical records that were not used in determining my current effective date. I reopened my claim based on 38 CFR 3.156(b) and the regional office scheduled me a C & P exam and then completely ignored their own C & P examiner’s medical opinion that my records proves/proved that I was diagnosed and treated long before my current effective date. Even though these claims are similar they are totally different because they are two separate claims but yet the RO continued my current rating, and both of these claims has to be a violation of 38 CFR 4.6. Can an IG complaint/White House complaint get it moving any faster?

Can't file for advancement on the docket, it does not apply at this time.

Edited by pacmanx1

Sit down and make a list of times when the VA did not follow the USC, CFR, or the M21-1 in your claim/appeal/remand. I would speculate that over the last 20 years you would have a fairly good number of times. Now, imagine if they did NOT make those errors, how many years ago would your claim/appeal have closed?

That is worth making an IG complaint about. Errors are a denial of benefits. Every time this happens it also costs the taxpayer more money as well because they pay the Judges, the Lawyers, and the rest of the VA employee's to make those mistakes and deny legitimate benefits. Benefits are compensation for the loss of income that you experience directly due to your service to our nation. I have heard to  many times how these denials result in the Veteran and his/her family living in poverty because of it.

Edited by pwrslm

On 1/5/2022 at 10:45 AM, Berta said:

Long long ago I griped to the VA IG regarding the way my RO was handling my claims- I rceived a nice letter from them that aid they do not get into complaints about the claims process. I dont think that hs ever changed.

was my answer from them as well. just tried it last year trying to force the RO to review my claim without me filing NOD. failed miserably.