VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro Pay is incorrect

Rate this question

1454th Solider

Question

I recently received my retro pay for an issue that was granted by the BVA. My backpay should have started at my effective date 6/18/2020, which is around 41 months of back pay. The RO only paid for 30 months according to my calculation. What can I do to get the RO to correct the error?

On 1/3/2022 at 2:40 PM, broncovet said:

Of course, I dont know if its correct or not.  But, if you have calculated it carefully, then yes, send an audit request to your VARO "fiance department".  

I dont recommend mailing it to Janesville, but instead to your VARO.  

Is the better way to argue for an effective date for TDIU? I thought it needed to go to an appeal. Seems like your suggestion is the faster way.

On 1/3/2022 at 10:41 AM, brokensoldier244th said:

They may have done it incorrectly, and you do have the right to request an audit also. 

Hi Broken, is this the faster way to argue for the right effective date? Better than appealing it or asking for a higher level review?

Seems like your way is faster.

Give this backpay calculator a try.  I have used it in the past and does seem to get pretty close.  It is not 100% accurate but can get you in the right range. 1It is a wonder for people like me who are math challenged.

https://www.hillandponton.com/va-retro-disability-calculator/