VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this topic

WARREN WHITE

yOU POSTED :

"i have been awarded loss of use for both feet and both hands due to parkinson's.  they gave me an effective date of oct. 2021 when i filed my claim but my medical records show symptoms back to 2016. should they have made the effective date 2016 since parkinson's falls under nehmer law."

Can you scan and attch here the decision to include the evidence list?

Cover your C file #, name, address, prior to scanning it.

I do agree with Bronco vet-

NVLSP will review your decision to make sure they gave you the proper EED.

Email them at agentorange@nvlsp.org.

Footnote One  (with explanation and disussion here under a search)is the essense of Nehmer and is based on past ratings sheets that contained a percentage as NSC for what the veteran can prove now falls under Nehmer as SC.

Was the claim for loss of use ,all 4 extremeties, indicated  on a past rating sheet

or should it have been  coded.

NVLSP will review your decision at no charge because they won Nehmer. 

Edited by Berta

Just to add- we dont get many claims involving seondary disabilities to established AO disabilities under Nehmer. 

I could only find one so far, at the BVA:

https://www.va.gov/vetapp21/Files3/21014437.txt

To add, and to clarify what I said above  I dont thinkwe get many secondary claims to AOs because they are properly awarded at the VARO level-

Warren , this seems to be one of your past posts here: 

"Collaborator
First Class Petty Officer
Service Connected Disability: 100%
Posted January 18, 2014
I was awarded a temporary rating of 30%. My civilian doctor filled out a DBQ (Disability Benefits Questionaire) and i was granted service connection for residuals due to parkinson's. The 30% was discontinued and i was awarded a percentage for each residual, from 10% to 50%. The doctor will assign a none, mild, moderate or severe impairment to the residual's caused by having parkinson's. Don't forget about sexual dysfunction (ED), if that also is a residual, you will receive smc (k). Down load a DBO from VA site or others and look at the sections on the form.

If you have any more question's, It would be my pleasure to help you. If he qualifies, I would file for IU, which is 100%. From my own personal experience, your husband is going to need all the support you can give him. I would also file for smc (s) housebound. I didn't know i could file for housebound until two years after i was awarded IU.

GOD BLESS"

I am assuming ....
just lost entire rest of my post-----------have to write it again- bad weather here

To add, and to clraify what I said above  I dont thinkwe get many secondary claims to AOs because they are properly awarded at the VARO level-

"Collaborator
Posted January 18, 2014
I was awarded a temporary rating of 30%. My civilian doctor filled out a DBQ (Disability Benefits Questionaire) and i was granted service connection for residuals due to parkinson's. The 30% was discontinued and i was awarded a percentage for each residual, from 10% to 50%. The doctor will assign a none, mild, moderate or severe impairment to the residual's caused by having parkinson's. Don't forget about sexual dysfunction (ED), if that also is a residual, you will receive smc (k). Down load a DBO from VA site or others and look at the sections on the form.

If you have any more question's, It would be my pleasure to help you. If he qualifies, I would file for IU, which is 100%. From my own personal experience, your husband is going to need all the support you can give him. I would also file for smc (s) housebound. I didn't know i could file for housebound until two years after i was awarded IU.

GOD BLESS"

I am assuming -I just lost my reply in hyperspace what was the EED for the Parkinsons'

In severe weather

To add, and to clraify what I said above  I dont thinkwe get many secondary claims to AOs because they are properly awarded at the VARO level-

"Collaborator
Posted January 18, 2014

GOD BLESS"

I am assuming -I just lost my reply in hyperspace what was the EED for the Parkinsons'

In severe weather

Instead of taking the time to rewrite the post I lost -just contact NVLSP:

"Vietnam veterans and their survivors who believe that VA has not assigned them the correct effective date for the award of benefits for their Agent Orange-related disease can contact NVLSP’s Nehmer team at the team’s toll-free hotline number – 855-333-0677."

Or email them at 

agentorange@nvlsp.org

I suggest emailing them as I will do today on a different Nehmer  matter- but they are easy to talk to by phone-yet emails can contain the details they need to see.
Covid still affects the VA OGC and many other VA entities and I imagine it  might certainly have affected NVLSP, and their response time to emails.