VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Legit Organizations To Help with Filing Claim from 90% to 100%

Rate this question

Top G

Question

** Edited:  Included my VA decision letter from 2009 with medical descriptions and percentages awarded.

I'm a Service-Connected Disability Rating of 90% with just over 20-years of active duty in the USMC.  I've been retired since 2009 with my 90% rating ever since.  Since then, some of my documented rating disabilities have worsened.  The ringing in my left ear has worsened to the point the ringing is always there and loud enough to where it makes it difficult to concentrate.  My grenade concussion that caused me to lose eyesight for a short period of time back in the 90s....I believe has caused for me to have a torn retina a few years ago as the concussion may have weakened my retina.  Recently had 2 stents implanted, diabetes, shoulder pain has worsened making it harder to sleep on my sides....and on and on.  Over 20-years of active duty in Combat Arms and in combat sure does wear a body down...

So, I'm now looking to seek a higher compensation to 100% P&T.

I have previously reached out to the DAV and another organization...can't recall the name...but no forward momentum on either for assistance.  Now, I'm considering other organizations that will charge me money to help...like 360 Veteran.  Don't know of others, but I'm to a point to where I feel I should be rated at a higher rating than where I have been since 2009.

Interested in hearing from those of you who have gone to other agencies/organizations for assistance in filing VA disability claims to raise your previous rating.

Thank you all.

Pages from 2009 - VA Decision Letter_Redacted_Page_2.png

Pages from 2009 - VA Decision Letter_Redacted_Page_1.png

Edited by Top G
Updated with VA decision letter from 2009.

2 hours ago, Top G said:

Thank you all.

Pages from 2009 - VA Decision Letter_Redacted_Page_2.png

Pages from 2009 - VA Decision Letter_Redacted_Page_1.png

IMHO (IN MY HUMBLE OPINION), the fastest way for you to get to 100% is to file for an increase in your PTSD. I think that your 30% rating is way too low. A 70% rating should get you to the 100% rating, but you have to meet the rating criteria.  

Here is the rating criteria and only you know if you meet these requirements and you do not have to meet them all. You can check your mental health records to see if you meet these criteria and or you can ask you mental health psychiatrist or VAMC Social Worker to update your evaluation.

Occupational and social impairment, with deficiencies in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgment, thinking, or mood, due to such symptoms as: suicidal ideation; obsessional rituals which interfere with routine activities; speech intermittently illogical, obscure, or irrelevant; near-continuous panic or depression affecting the ability to function independently, appropriately and effectively; impaired impulse control (such as unprovoked irritability with periods of violence); spatial disorientation; neglect of personal appearance and hygiene; difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances (including work or a worklike setting); inability to establish and maintain effective relationships.  70%

If you meet the rating criteria, you probably only need to file for an increase and you should be able to do that on your own. 

Edited by pacmanx1

Increasing your 30% PTSD to 70% PTSD, then adding the rest of your current ratings would get you to the 100% mark.

70% + 50% = 85%

85% + 30% = 90%

90% + 10% = 91%

91% + 10% = 92%

92% + 10% = 93%

93% + 10% = 94%

94% + 10% = 95%

And then the VA would round up to 100%

4 minutes ago, pacmanx1 said:

Increasing your 30% PTSD to 70% PTSD, then adding the rest of your current ratings would get you to the 100% mark.

70% + 50% = 85%

85% + 30% = 90%

90% + 10% = 91%

91% + 10% = 92%

92% + 10% = 93%

93% + 10% = 94%

94% + 10% = 95%

And then the VA would round up to 100%

Thank you so much for the breakdown.  Do you have any thoughts on the 360 Veteran (https://the360veteran.com/)?  I'm just exhausted in even thinking about doing this on my own....this is a big reason why I've not submitted previously to seek a higher rating.  Really just hurts my head and I'm at a point to where I'm willing to pay a reputable outfit to help me.

Honestly, I never heard of them until this very post. I fired my VSO years ago and I started filing my own claims. I have fibro fog and it gets tough, but I made it to 100% scheduler and now I am fighting the VARO for corrected effective dates. 

Me either Pacman and I was not impressed by their web site-particularly the disclaimer:

"Disclaimer:

Results are not guaranteed and 360 Veteran, LLC. makes no promises. 360 Veteran, LLC. staff does not provide medical or legal advice. Any information discussed such as, but not limited to; likely chance of an increase, estimated benefit amounts, potential new ratings prior to a doctor reviewing patient’s file, is solely based on past client generalizations and not specific to any one patient. The doctor has the right to reject and/or refuse to complete a Veteran’s DBQ if he/she feels the Veteran is not being truthful. The Veteran’s Administration is the only one that can make a determination, in regards to whether or not a Veteran will receive an increase in their service-connected disabilities. A refund of sorts will be offered (medical fees are non-refundable, in accordance with State governing medical board.)" 

I coudn't find their qualifications, and if they are accredited via VA OGC but they might have that info at their Facebook page -I dont do Facebook.

They have more info at https://360va.org/ too but I noticed their copywrite on the site name and LCC is quite new:

"Copyright 2021 | 360 Veteran, LLC. | All Rights Reserved"

They might be perfectly legit but you got Great advice above- you are the best vet rep you will ever get.

Copyright 2021 | 360 Veteran, LLC. | All Rights Reserved

Copyright 2021 | 360 Veteran, LLC. | All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer:

Results are not guaranteed and 360 Veteran, LLC. makes no promises. 360 Veteran, LLC. staff does not provide medical or legal advice. Any information discussed such as, but not limited to; likely chance of an increase, estimated benefit amounts, potential new ratings prior to a doctor reviewing patient’s file, is solely based on past client generalizations and not specific to any one patient. The doctor has the right to reject and/or refuse to complete a Veteran’s DBQ if he/she feels the Veteran is not being truthful. The Veteran’s Administration is the only one that can make a determination, in regards to whether or not a Veteran will receive an increase in their service-connected disabilities. A refund of sorts will be offered (medical fees are non-refundable, in accordance with State governing medical board.)

I wouldn't use them call a few lawyer before you go that route.

They do not help and are no more experience than the many in hadit. An will prolong thing more.

I would look for a lawyer to handle it.

Yes it does get exhausting an if you are not up to doing the work.

I would get a lawyer.

There are many on internet and a few on hadit have there favorites.