VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Legit Organizations To Help with Filing Claim from 90% to 100%

Rate this question

Top G

Question

** Edited:  Included my VA decision letter from 2009 with medical descriptions and percentages awarded.

I'm a Service-Connected Disability Rating of 90% with just over 20-years of active duty in the USMC.  I've been retired since 2009 with my 90% rating ever since.  Since then, some of my documented rating disabilities have worsened.  The ringing in my left ear has worsened to the point the ringing is always there and loud enough to where it makes it difficult to concentrate.  My grenade concussion that caused me to lose eyesight for a short period of time back in the 90s....I believe has caused for me to have a torn retina a few years ago as the concussion may have weakened my retina.  Recently had 2 stents implanted, diabetes, shoulder pain has worsened making it harder to sleep on my sides....and on and on.  Over 20-years of active duty in Combat Arms and in combat sure does wear a body down...

So, I'm now looking to seek a higher compensation to 100% P&T.

I have previously reached out to the DAV and another organization...can't recall the name...but no forward momentum on either for assistance.  Now, I'm considering other organizations that will charge me money to help...like 360 Veteran.  Don't know of others, but I'm to a point to where I feel I should be rated at a higher rating than where I have been since 2009.

Interested in hearing from those of you who have gone to other agencies/organizations for assistance in filing VA disability claims to raise your previous rating.

Thank you all.

Pages from 2009 - VA Decision Letter_Redacted_Page_2.png

Pages from 2009 - VA Decision Letter_Redacted_Page_1.png

Edited by Top G
Updated with VA decision letter from 2009.

You got great advice above.

Personally I would not depend on VA to answer questiions about CRDP or CRSC-

There only criteria is to automatically inform DFAS if a veteran is eligible for CRDP.

This is a hypothetical situation anyhow- I have nothing else to offer...except this might help omeone out there who is Retired Military with a question about these two benefits:

"CRDP/CRSC Open Season Frequently Asked Questions

It is possible to be eligible for both Concurrent Retirement and Disability Pay (CRDP) and Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC). However, you cannot receive both of them at the same time. If you ’re eligible for both, CRDP/CRSC Open Season is when DFAS will send you a letter with instructions about how to change your election from one program to the other, if you choose.

2022 Open Season is January 1-31, 2022. Election change requests must be postmarked by January 31, 2022. "

If you succeed in getting higher SC ratings for anything you have that is directly  related to combat it is possible that a CRSC award would be more financially benefitting to you than CRDP. Maybe, not enough here to really even take guess-
These are hypothetical opinions however- as the VA might not be able to rate the TBI or PTSD higher, based on your medical evidence.

If they did raise your SCs however they woud send you an "Open Season" letter, as above DFAS link says.

If a retired veteran applies for CRSC and not CRDP- right off the bat , they would have to use the app below:
sorry weather interfering with my access-I am sure that app is here.

I fee I have confused you here because CRDP and CRSC are best explained by Military.com and by DFAS.
This is a hypothetical situation anyhow-and only medical evidence would reveal if your SC %s should be higher.
I like Hamslice's advice:
"I would file for an increase on probably all your current service connected issues."

Some ratings you have,appear to me to be at the maximum rate ,but others might well have gotten worse.

El Train made a good point-
"I doubt you had the MOCA test by someone certified to administer it (neuropsychologist)"
Thatis something you should check out in your VA medical records.

All great advice from great people in the hadit family. I just want to add in my little 2 cents.

I do see on your rating sheet that you have no secondary sc connections.  I E, you are sc'd for lumbar, do you experience tingling in your legs? Have you ever complained about it to your primary care? Did you get diagnosed with sciatica. Is it possible that your service connect disability caused sciatica. Just an example. 

You make need to look at all of your sc conditions and see what secondary conditions it could cause.

Keep in mind, there must be a nexus. 

Just a thought. 

• Community Owner

The https://the360veteran.com/index web site or its other forms is a scam See there attached price sheet. The other one that is a scam is The Veterans Claims Insider and its associated sites. The Veterans Insider stared out wanting Vets to sign a contract that guarantees you pay a loge amount of your benefits up front. Most of there "couches" are not VA certified reps. They also have an up front fee for access to there sight. I reported them to the VAIG but they are still out there. Any one who wants you hard paid for benefits needs to be locked up.  I would not pee on them if they were on fire in the middle of the road.

360Payment Information.pdf

Edited by Rattler767

17 hours ago, Rattler767 said:

The https://the360veteran.com/index web site or its other forms is a scam See there attached price sheet. The other one that is a scam is The Veterans Insider and its associated sites. The Veterans Insider stared out wanting Vets to sign a contract that guarantees you pay a loge amount of your benefits up front. Most of there "couches" are not VA certified reps. They also have an up front fee for access to there sight. I reported them to the VAIG but they are still out there. Any one who wants you hard paid for benefits needs to be locked up.  I would not pee on them if they were on fire in the middle of the road.

360Payment Information.pdf 970.9 kB · 0 downloads

Ouch!  I did my research on 360Veteran, but I hadn't run into any negativity on them.  They also have an https secure site.  I even went to the BBB and see that they are 5 star rated:  https://www.bbb.org/us/oh/fairborn/profile/veterans-organizations/360-veteran-0322-53909

In talking with them, the $1,995 fee is for the use of their doctors and it's not 360 Veteran's fee they receive.  They use Ree Medical for their client's:  https://www.reemedical.com

360 Veteran however does charge an optional $500 if you'd like their "DBQ 1-on-1 Coaching & Writing Assistance".

Now, if you're referring to The VA "Claims" Insider, then for 4-years with the BBB they've had quite a few claims against them:  https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/austin/profile/education/va-claims-insider-0825-1000147739/complaints

Edited by Top G

On 1/11/2022 at 6:04 PM, Top G said:

So, I'm received my 90% disability concurrently with my full retirement pay.

There is a substantial $$ increase when you hit 100%. It is worth the effort. 

Furthermore, if your conditions have worsened over the years, the VA should make a finding in your favor. Hamslice hit this nail right on the head.

I have made the decision to move forward in using 360 Veteran to help me with the DBQs and going through Ree Medical for my evaluations.  Last week I filed my Intent To File.  I'll be sure to report back with my experience in working with them, and on the VA's final decision in about another 3-6 months...