VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Rating Do I qualify for

Rate this question

Hotdigitty

Question

I went for my mental health C&P and these are the checked diagnoses.  What % do I fall under in your opinion?

1. Occupational and social impairment with deficiencies in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgment, thinking and/or mood
  2. Depressed mood
  3. Anxiety
  4. Panic attacks that occur weekly or less often
  5. Panic attacks more than once a week
  6. Near-continuous panic or depression affecting the ability to function independently, appropriately and effectively
  7. Chronic sleep impairment
  8. Mild memory loss, such as forgetting names, directions or recent events
  9. Disturbances of motivation and mood
  10. Difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships
  11. Difficulty adapting to stressful circumstances, including work or a work like setting
  12. Suicidal ideation
  13. Intermittent inability to perform activities of daily living, including maintenance of minimal personal hygiene.

On 1/13/2022 at 3:02 PM, john999 said:

I would apply for all disability/retirement benefits and let them sort it out.

Ahh you're right. I didn't think of it that way. I guess I could have.

It sounds like you are accusing me of being dishonest.  I stated that my Dr. placed me on  FMLA leave for my service-connected disabilities.  IMO if someone stated that it would be obvious that the Dr. was made aware.  Beside read up on FMLA before making comments about.  Knowledge is power.

On 1/20/2022 at 10:34 PM, Hotdigitty said:

Thank for the response.  I used my earned sick days so I do no see what the problem would be.  What is OPM and how do I apply?  The VA does not always do the right thing.

Office of Personnel Management

On 1/20/2022 at 10:34 PM, Hotdigitty said:

Thank for the response.  I used my earned sick days so I do no see what the problem would be.  What is OPM and how do I apply?  The VA does not always do the right thing.

You need to go to your electronic personnel file,  you need your CAC card in order to be able to access the system.  From there you can the numbers and information you need.  When I decided to do it I did it within a week.  Mind you, so you know this is not a fast process and I had many an issue getting to the information without hostile WS supervisor being on my case.  What you are interested in is disability retirement through OPM.  You need your VA benefits letter, an application to SSDI, because you are currently working you will be denied when you apply, this is a good thing, as you need that denial in the application in order to file for OPM disability retirement.  It's a pain stalking process if you let it be.  By the numbers, and step by step.  You will end up where you are wanting to go.  Folks on here genuinely want to help.  There is no need to get defensive or for that matter accusatory.  We have been down this road and are only here to help.  Take things with a grain of salt. Breathe and calm down.  Just my opinion and only trying to help you through the process.