VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trigger finger

Rate this question

Remisdad

Question

I have a legacy appeal at the bva for my left long & ring fingers. I started this claim in January 2016. It's been to the VARO, BVA, remanded to director of compensation, back to the VARO, & now back at BVA with 65,000 claims ahead of me. I just had a Dr. Write down in his general exam statement that i have possible triggering of my left long finger. Then in his assessment he writes trigger middle finger of left hand. Should this go to my appeal claim or since this is the first time a Dr has stated this about my hand should it be a new claim?  I sure don't want to screw up my appeal.  

Edited by Remisdad

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

15 hours ago, Remisdad said:

I have a legacy appeal at the bva for my left long & ring fingers. I started this claim in January 2016. It's been to the VARO, BVA, remanded to director of compensation, back to the VARO, & now back at BVA with 65,000 claims ahead of me. I just had a Dr. Write down in his general exam statement that i have possible triggering of my left long finger. Then in his assessment he writes trigger middle finger of left hand. Should this go to my appeal claim or since this is the first time a Dr has stated this about my hand should it be a new claim?  I sure don't want to screw up my appeal. 

It is probably best to try to have your doctor clarify his/her statement, but this article refer that any finger could have the trigger finger symptoms. Hope this helps

Trigger finger - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic

Trigger finger can affect any finger, including the thumb. More than one finger may be affected at a time, and both hands might be involved. Triggering is usually more pronounced in the morning, while firmly grasping an object or when straightening your finger.