VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"REFUSED EXAM" bahahahahaha NOT!

Rate this question

blahsaysme2u

Question

im looking to those with experience with C&P exams and the raters....someone has royally messed up my claim and now i am starting from scratch for pain/loss of use in my left leg and foot. heres the story:

way back when- i put in a claim for bilateral knee/leg and feet. the VA couldnt find all my medical records...frustrating as it was they did eventually award my right leg based on some records they found. 

i found medical records to support the left leg and foot injuries(fractures that have since healed and now ache with arthritis like symptoms- tho i haven't been diagnosed with any arthritis yet) i reopened the claim going on 3 years ago with this new evidence(LOD and medical records showing removed from duty and put on profile for the fractures). the VA in all their wisdom saw this as a reopened claim for "bilateral knee/leg and fee" claim, even tho my right leg and feet/ankles are already SC. 

i have been to multiple C&P exams for this claim(and at least 5 have been scheduled in total) the first 2-3x the doctor evaluated my left leg and did the angles limited movement tests etc. the VA scheduled mayb 2-3x after those appointments to "evaluate the right leg and foot". i called PEGGY every time and confirmed what the c&P was for and explained i was not asking for increase in my right leg, my right leg is SC and i dont need any evaluation of that leg for this claim! they would cancel the appointment and reschedule and again it would be for my right leg. 

the last time i called they confirmed the appointment was only for left leg evaluation(saying that the previous C&P evals on the left leg are now out of date or invalid and i need a new one) so i go to the appointment. i get there and the doc starts evaluating my RIGHT LEG!!!! i flip. finally the doc says this is huge mistake bc he can see that the claim is for left leg but they ordered wrong thing and needs to be rescheduled. 

well the VA now denied my claim saying i refused the exam. 

WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!?!!? HELP PLEASE bc i am so done with this shite. this claim is not very much but it was one of the first claims i submitted in 2008 and i should get back pay for. also these 2 SC would give me 100% rating sooner than i was previous awarded and that would be extra back pay as well. i feel like i get 1 step forward in a win and 10 back in loses. 

@brokensoldier244th i know you have a lot of expertise in this. thoughts?

1 hour ago, Mr cue said:

Well there are law and the va manual is to be follow and because ppl at the va feel they don't have to follow it or make up a better way of doing things is not how it work.

you keep trying to make veterans on hadit understand or have feelings or cry for the va.

The poster stated his experience and what is and happen in there case.

I have also experience the comp exam for conditions that are rated and have nothing to do with what I am claiming

Other veterans have stated the same thing on many other post about there cases. And these exams

If u have a problem with veterans tell there story or what happen in there case why are you here.

I like your info it show me what and how the va think and help veterans understand the process at the ro.

But

When ppl try to explain a problem so hard it mean to me they understand there a problem an in my experience use the problem also to get by.

Ordering unnecessary exams to not have to address the claim when it land on ppl desk.

Ordering a thousand exam for a claim.

Is the problem

Believe whatever you want, your mind is made up. You aren't the only person in the room. 

• Community Owner
On 1/20/2022 at 9:57 AM, Mr cue said:

"The va has to much power with the comp exam thing."

They can order as many exams as they want until they find the one to not grant a veteran benfits.

If a veteran refuse or ask for a decision on there record or ask for a md.

They denied veterans and don't even address your evidence.

An say you refuse a exams they never state you had 7 6 10 comp exams.

And no one see a problem with this.

I'm with you MR CUE I get it. I the guy who people out side of hear say they are going to un leash the Pitbull on them. I do not take any Crap VA, Cooperate Layer. I make Cooperate Layer's cry "But judge he is filing to may Motion's I having to work for a living." 

Anyway how I found out to making them back down on the C & P Exam's until they get the one they want I use the Whitehouse Hotline and told them that they were trying to do multiple C & P's until they get what they wanted.  It took about three week and they called me back and said I had 70% PTSD. I challenge them because they denied my UI two weeks eelier. They CUE themselves and gave me the UI 100% P & T.

The problem is most Vets don't know how to address there issues with whoever they are dealing with.

What is the White House VA Hotline?

The hotline’s pilot began under direction of the Veterans Experience Office on June 1, 2017, and entered phase two on October 15, 2017.

White House VA Hotline:  1-855-948-2311.

Calls are answered by a live agent 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.  The hotline is staffed by more than 60 agents who have had extensive training on VA programs and services.  Most of these agents are a Veteran, military family member, caregiver or a survivor.

The White House VA Hotline conducts immediate warm hand offs for at-crisis risk Veterans needing the services of the Veterans Crisis Line.

Trends identified by the hotline will be used to rapidly respond to systemic inefficiencies and empower VA employees to resolve Veteran concerns quickly.

Veterans should continue to use existing VA customer service hotlines:

https://www.wowktv.com/news/special-reports/white-house-hotline-helps-veterans-in-need/

so working with my lawyer on this one....found some additional info...very frustrating!!

i supplied the service records that were missing showing i was injured in service. i also have attached the C&P exam from 2-3-2020 where the doctor says "is/are at least as likely as not (50 percent or greater probability) incurred in or caused by the stress fracture during service." the VA then sent me for additional C&P exams for my right leg when no claim for right leg was ever requested. i called the 800# and discussed at least 3 different times for 3 different C&P exam requests for my right leg and they were canceled. the last exam they say i "refused" i attended because the 800# assured me that it was for my left leg again, and said the previous one from 2020 was invalid(with no explanation as to why) i attended and when i got to the exam room with the doctor he said he was evaluating my right leg. after explaining the situation to the doctor he said he would submit back to the VA that no exam was needed for my right leg, because already service connected and i was not claiming an increase. this claim seems like a complete delay tactic by the VA, but that's just speculation on my part. very frustrating. again let me know your thoughts

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@blahsaysme2uI have heard about the VA sending veterans to exams for the wrong limb, but that is totally jacked up. Reminds me of my 2019 heart attack C&P that was sent to a nurse practitioner at LHI. They did the exam, but the opinion talked about something completely different.